Boxer bleeding from mouth.

Breed: Boxer
Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is concerning I believe it is coming from his mouth I think he has gum disease I am not sure what to do. He has no vet records.

Sorry to hear that Bruiser is having this problem.

There are a few things that can cause a dog to have bleeding in his mouth.

The most common is gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Can you tell if Bruiser's gums are inflamed? If so, I would highly advise having a vet do a thorough dental cleaning on him. In my experience there really is no other therapy for dental disease that works.

A dog can have excess bleeding if he has eaten rat or mouse poison. This can cause poor clotting and can cause bleeding from different areas including the gums. There are other possible reasons for a dog to have difficulty clotting their blood. If this is truly the case you may see little purple pinpoint dots on the gums or on his belly. These are tiny microbruises.

Another possibility is a tumor or an abscess in the mouth. These can sometimes be hard to see. A common area to see such a tumor is under the tongue. Look for symmetry. If there is something that is only present on one side then this may indicate a problem.

If this problem is happening for more than a few days then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure that there is no serious problem.

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (10692 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (7236 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (12511 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (7004 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (6096 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (10614 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (8284 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (4556 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (11510 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (9036 views)