Boxer bleeding from mouth.

Breed: Boxer
Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is concerning I believe it is coming from his mouth I think he has gum disease I am not sure what to do. He has no vet records.

Sorry to hear that Bruiser is having this problem.

There are a few things that can cause a dog to have bleeding in his mouth.

The most common is gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Can you tell if Bruiser's gums are inflamed? If so, I would highly advise having a vet do a thorough dental cleaning on him. In my experience there really is no other therapy for dental disease that works.

A dog can have excess bleeding if he has eaten rat or mouse poison. This can cause poor clotting and can cause bleeding from different areas including the gums. There are other possible reasons for a dog to have difficulty clotting their blood. If this is truly the case you may see little purple pinpoint dots on the gums or on his belly. These are tiny microbruises.

Another possibility is a tumor or an abscess in the mouth. These can sometimes be hard to see. A common area to see such a tumor is under the tongue. Look for symmetry. If there is something that is only present on one side then this may indicate a problem.

If this problem is happening for more than a few days then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure that there is no serious problem.

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (15658 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (59772 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (25897 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6415 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (25524 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (6841 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (8898 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (4706 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (6788 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4356 views)