Boxer bleeding from mouth.

Breed: Boxer
Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is concerning I believe it is coming from his mouth I think he has gum disease I am not sure what to do. He has no vet records.

Sorry to hear that Bruiser is having this problem.

There are a few things that can cause a dog to have bleeding in his mouth.

The most common is gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Can you tell if Bruiser's gums are inflamed? If so, I would highly advise having a vet do a thorough dental cleaning on him. In my experience there really is no other therapy for dental disease that works.

A dog can have excess bleeding if he has eaten rat or mouse poison. This can cause poor clotting and can cause bleeding from different areas including the gums. There are other possible reasons for a dog to have difficulty clotting their blood. If this is truly the case you may see little purple pinpoint dots on the gums or on his belly. These are tiny microbruises.

Another possibility is a tumor or an abscess in the mouth. These can sometimes be hard to see. A common area to see such a tumor is under the tongue. Look for symmetry. If there is something that is only present on one side then this may indicate a problem.

If this problem is happening for more than a few days then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure that there is no serious problem.

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (7380 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (24332 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (5117 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (10148 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (5873 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (48393 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (7691 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (9039 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (6991 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (4757 views)