Boxer bleeding from mouth.

Breed: Boxer
Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is concerning I believe it is coming from his mouth I think he has gum disease I am not sure what to do. He has no vet records.

Sorry to hear that Bruiser is having this problem.

There are a few things that can cause a dog to have bleeding in his mouth.

The most common is gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Can you tell if Bruiser's gums are inflamed? If so, I would highly advise having a vet do a thorough dental cleaning on him. In my experience there really is no other therapy for dental disease that works.

A dog can have excess bleeding if he has eaten rat or mouse poison. This can cause poor clotting and can cause bleeding from different areas including the gums. There are other possible reasons for a dog to have difficulty clotting their blood. If this is truly the case you may see little purple pinpoint dots on the gums or on his belly. These are tiny microbruises.

Another possibility is a tumor or an abscess in the mouth. These can sometimes be hard to see. A common area to see such a tumor is under the tongue. Look for symmetry. If there is something that is only present on one side then this may indicate a problem.

If this problem is happening for more than a few days then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure that there is no serious problem.

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (7437 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (11417 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (3543 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (24283 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (36156 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (3943 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (16001 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (13278 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (36251 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (20232 views)