Boxer bleeding from mouth.

Breed: Boxer
Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is concerning I believe it is coming from his mouth I think he has gum disease I am not sure what to do. He has no vet records.

Sorry to hear that Bruiser is having this problem.

There are a few things that can cause a dog to have bleeding in his mouth.

The most common is gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Can you tell if Bruiser's gums are inflamed? If so, I would highly advise having a vet do a thorough dental cleaning on him. In my experience there really is no other therapy for dental disease that works.

A dog can have excess bleeding if he has eaten rat or mouse poison. This can cause poor clotting and can cause bleeding from different areas including the gums. There are other possible reasons for a dog to have difficulty clotting their blood. If this is truly the case you may see little purple pinpoint dots on the gums or on his belly. These are tiny microbruises.

Another possibility is a tumor or an abscess in the mouth. These can sometimes be hard to see. A common area to see such a tumor is under the tongue. Look for symmetry. If there is something that is only present on one side then this may indicate a problem.

If this problem is happening for more than a few days then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure that there is no serious problem.

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8827 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (7136 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13628 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (30437 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (10643 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (18153 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21866 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (30654 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9664 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (24463 views)