Orange urine and trouble walking.

Breed: rottweiller cross
my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but recently he has been weeing orange and red stuff and makes a squirting noise. his back legs are scraping along the floor when we go for a walk and then he will just collapse can u help me or have an idea what it could be?
thanks

Sorry to hear that Ben is having these problems. The symptoms really have me concerned.

What you have described with the back legs has me concerned that there is a problem in his spinal cord affecting the nerves to the back end.

It is never normal for a dog to urinate a red or orange color. This could be an indication of a bladder infection, a urethral stone, a prostate problem or more. It is possible that he has a stone that is blocking most of his opening through which he should urinate. This can cause the bladder to fill to capacity and can cause problems with walking because of the pain.

In any case this sounds like a situation in which a vet visit is necessary right away.

I hope he is ok.

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (20194 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (9488 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (10731 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11832 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (28394 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (16127 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4917 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (20417 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (9221 views)

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (5232 views)