Orange urine and trouble walking.

Breed: rottweiller cross
my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but recently he has been weeing orange and red stuff and makes a squirting noise. his back legs are scraping along the floor when we go for a walk and then he will just collapse can u help me or have an idea what it could be?
thanks

Sorry to hear that Ben is having these problems. The symptoms really have me concerned.

What you have described with the back legs has me concerned that there is a problem in his spinal cord affecting the nerves to the back end.

It is never normal for a dog to urinate a red or orange color. This could be an indication of a bladder infection, a urethral stone, a prostate problem or more. It is possible that he has a stone that is blocking most of his opening through which he should urinate. This can cause the bladder to fill to capacity and can cause problems with walking because of the pain.

In any case this sounds like a situation in which a vet visit is necessary right away.

I hope he is ok.

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (10501 views)

Bottom lip tremor. my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause... (29681 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9727 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (16709 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (9173 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (10833 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (21311 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (18699 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (12516 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (9667 views)