Human mouthwash for dog?

Breed: Poodle
Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a little in her water - just occasionally, and was wondering if it was safe for her
I brush her teeth with doggie tooth paste at bath time.
Thank you
D

No, it's not a good idea to use human mouthwash in your dog's mouth.

The biggest concern is that mouthwash is not meant to be swallowed. It would be very hard to teach your dog to rinse her mouth and then spit!

Next, there really aren't any studies that I can find that show that mouthwash helps to reduce plaque and tartar. Additionally, it can cause staining of the teeth.

Most likely, mixing it in her water would not add any benefit at all to Noodle's oral health.

Keep up with the brushing. This is one of the best things that you can do. If the teeth are getting a lot of tartar or if the gums are getting red, then she will need to have a dental cleaning under anesthetic.

Thanks for an interesting question!

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (10024 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7837 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7747 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7796 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15655 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (9128 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (19015 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (8312 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (22177 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (40944 views)