Human mouthwash for dog?

Breed: Poodle
Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a little in her water - just occasionally, and was wondering if it was safe for her
I brush her teeth with doggie tooth paste at bath time.
Thank you
D

No, it's not a good idea to use human mouthwash in your dog's mouth.

The biggest concern is that mouthwash is not meant to be swallowed. It would be very hard to teach your dog to rinse her mouth and then spit!

Next, there really aren't any studies that I can find that show that mouthwash helps to reduce plaque and tartar. Additionally, it can cause staining of the teeth.

Most likely, mixing it in her water would not add any benefit at all to Noodle's oral health.

Keep up with the brushing. This is one of the best things that you can do. If the teeth are getting a lot of tartar or if the gums are getting red, then she will need to have a dental cleaning under anesthetic.

Thanks for an interesting question!

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (8141 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (58534 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (18032 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (43921 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (14209 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13088 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7117 views)

Still have puppies inside? my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came... (16055 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10478 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10510 views)