Human mouthwash for dog?

Breed: Poodle
Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a little in her water - just occasionally, and was wondering if it was safe for her
I brush her teeth with doggie tooth paste at bath time.
Thank you
D

No, it's not a good idea to use human mouthwash in your dog's mouth.

The biggest concern is that mouthwash is not meant to be swallowed. It would be very hard to teach your dog to rinse her mouth and then spit!

Next, there really aren't any studies that I can find that show that mouthwash helps to reduce plaque and tartar. Additionally, it can cause staining of the teeth.

Most likely, mixing it in her water would not add any benefit at all to Noodle's oral health.

Keep up with the brushing. This is one of the best things that you can do. If the teeth are getting a lot of tartar or if the gums are getting red, then she will need to have a dental cleaning under anesthetic.

Thanks for an interesting question!

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (18915 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11373 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (8104 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (7944 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (19267 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (5316 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (31085 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16229 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (19386 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8712 views)