Only one bowel movement.

Breed: Shih Tzu
My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water twice a day and we sometimes give him dog snacks in between. He also is very hyper and runs around / plays all day but after he plays, he only pees. Is this normal?

I have seen several dogs who only have one bowel movement per day. I wouldn't be worried unless you felt he was uncomfortable or trying to have a bowel movement but nothing was coming out.

Think of it...I eat (including snacks) 6-8 times per day but I don't have 6-8 bowel movements per day!

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (16242 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10158 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5444 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (18756 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (34761 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (23165 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (6471 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (26295 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (20700 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7607 views)