Only one bowel movement.

Breed: Shih Tzu
My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water twice a day and we sometimes give him dog snacks in between. He also is very hyper and runs around / plays all day but after he plays, he only pees. Is this normal?

I have seen several dogs who only have one bowel movement per day. I wouldn't be worried unless you felt he was uncomfortable or trying to have a bowel movement but nothing was coming out.

Think of it...I eat (including snacks) 6-8 times per day but I don't have 6-8 bowel movements per day!

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7939 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (15124 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (10434 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (115087 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (8126 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (12012 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (11435 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (11251 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (10149 views)

Sore gums in chihuahua. My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they... (10764 views)