Only one bowel movement.

Breed: Shih Tzu
My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water twice a day and we sometimes give him dog snacks in between. He also is very hyper and runs around / plays all day but after he plays, he only pees. Is this normal?

I have seen several dogs who only have one bowel movement per day. I wouldn't be worried unless you felt he was uncomfortable or trying to have a bowel movement but nothing was coming out.

Think of it...I eat (including snacks) 6-8 times per day but I don't have 6-8 bowel movements per day!

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (24741 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16873 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9615 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (14687 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (46347 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36354 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (8136 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (187783 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (6158 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (18895 views)