Only one bowel movement.

Breed: Shih Tzu
My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water twice a day and we sometimes give him dog snacks in between. He also is very hyper and runs around / plays all day but after he plays, he only pees. Is this normal?

I have seen several dogs who only have one bowel movement per day. I wouldn't be worried unless you felt he was uncomfortable or trying to have a bowel movement but nothing was coming out.

Think of it...I eat (including snacks) 6-8 times per day but I don't have 6-8 bowel movements per day!

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27972 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6299 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (6377 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (5208 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12087 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7452 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (4398 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (7021 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7588 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (8333 views)