Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13222 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6769 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (13814 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (9804 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4809 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10452 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (5551 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (30725 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11700 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (42878 views)