Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (17025 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (12095 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7612 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (5925 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (12467 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (548357 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (42654 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (10557 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12658 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (22012 views)