Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (5833 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14211 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7048 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (37829 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (15227 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10654 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (52836 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (11873 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (17979 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (9986 views)