Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11116 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7766 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9912 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7519 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (32881 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (5658 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33275 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (15816 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9450 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (12534 views)