Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11719 views)

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (13938 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (6820 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6989 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (12250 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13772 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (14202 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (7262 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8613 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (10278 views)