Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (12109 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4180 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (20649 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (4904 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (11105 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (10803 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (5936 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10035 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (6290 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (11200 views)