Limping after cat fight.

Breed: Black short hair
Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left hind leg. He sleeps all day. When I touch the leg near the knee, even lightly, he shows a lot of pain. He avoid putting pressure on the leg and moans when he moves from side to side when laying down. Is this a muscle injury? Strain? How long for it to heal?

The biggest concern when a cat has been in a fight is for infection. You won't always see obvious signs of infection. Often the infection can be in the muscle.

It is very important that this boy sees a vet so he can get some oral (or injectable) antibiotics. If we wait too long then the infection can spread and he could get very sick and possibly need hospitalization.

I hope he does ok!

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6887 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13493 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12282 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (46597 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14869 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26407 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15433 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12084 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (26941 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18550 views)