67 days pregnant.

Breed: Yorkie
Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking her to the vet again

A normal pregnancy is 63 days in dogs. While it is possible to go 67 days, it is not normal. There are a few possibilities:

1. It's possible that Tinkerbell did not get pregnant on the first day of breeding. Was she bred multiple times? If so, it's possible that she got pregnant on a later breeding day and actually isn't as far along as 67 days.

2. It's possible that she has something called a false pregnancy or pseudopregnancy and isn't actually pregnant.

3. It's possible that she has dead fetuses inside of her. (Hopefully not!)

At this point I definitely would recommend a vet visit. The vet will take an xray and determine if there are puppies inside. They may talk about possibly inducing labor if necessary or may even consider a C-Section.

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (6160 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (33536 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (15070 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (7578 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (14082 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (15409 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (10589 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (40121 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (16366 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (27152 views)