dog rigid then drowsy

Breed: blue roan spaniel (m
I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then became rigid and his face tilted and hung. shook him hard and tried to make him stand..He opened his eyes but they appeared drowsy. It took him a minute or two to recover and then I gave him high calorie biscuits. He is a vegetarian and hates eggs even. He likes yogurt and he weighs 15 kgs and is 7 years old.
Do I need to get him checked up? I hope it is not fatal

Sorry to hear that Bozo may be having a problem.

What you have described may have been a seizure. However, it could also be that he fell asleep and took a minute to wake up.

If it was a seizure then it is not likely to have caused him harm. However, if he is having more seizures then a vet visit is a good idea to see if we can determine the cause.

Another possibility is if he had a problem with his heart. An irregular heart rhythm can cause something called "syncope" which can cause episodes like fainting.

As long as he is eating well and bright and happy then I don't think you need a vet visit. But if he has more episodes then it is a good idea.

As an additional comment, I do have some concern with the fact that you are not feeding your dog meat. Dogs are not meant to be vegetarian...they are carnivores and really do need meat protein. I would highly suggest a regular dog food for him.

I hope he is ok!

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (10463 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (6291 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (21841 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (15219 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (38205 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (22239 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (13089 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (16954 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (22928 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (9390 views)