Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (5081 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8062 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7271 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8399 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (149372 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (16514 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (117946 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8636 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (8014 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (21943 views)