Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (13518 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (11958 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35970 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (31076 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (18489 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (20431 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (72755 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (17787 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9943 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (41862 views)