Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (12199 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (35487 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (11623 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (9015 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (11513 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (21173 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (17357 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (15400 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (9620 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (28859 views)