Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (86690 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (20776 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (19400 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (12560 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (7891 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (7845 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (15403 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (62651 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (31116 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (13407 views)