Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (15981 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (9924 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (19046 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (14035 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (47833 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (18581 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9819 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (24692 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (11626 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (6782 views)