Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (56133 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (12120 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (6099 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (35807 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (21996 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (15708 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (53278 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (7261 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (24215 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (40931 views)