Cat urinating in the house.

Breed: snow shoe
We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two cats clearly doesn't. She has started urinating and defecating on the carpet outside the bathroom containing the cat box. The people who lived here before us owned pets who also used that area for "mistakes." We've steam cleaned the carpet, used boundary spray every 12 hours, and tried locking up the one cat after scolding her when she misbehaves. When we lock her up, she "caves in" and starts to use the box. However, when we think we're in the clear and give back her freedom, she starts to make a mess again. We're running out of ideas. Can you help?

I'm not a fan of corn litter. I find most cats don't like it.

The answer to your question may simply be changing back to the other kind of litter.

But, you may get some more help by following these tips on how to stop your cat from urinating in the house.

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (17136 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (15135 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (54242 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (7581 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (15162 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (3636 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (11809 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (16393 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (30216 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (13778 views)