Poodle with leg problems.

Breed: poodle
My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started to get limp legs. now she has a very difficult time getting up from the floor to walk and sometimes she cries at night. I haven't taken her to the vet because I am afraid that it will be something that is costly and I cannot afford it. Do you have an idea of what could possibly be wrong with her?

Sorry to hear that Bella is not doing well.

There are a few things that can cause a small dog to have problems like this.

One possibility is something called Legge-Calve-Perthes disease. This is a condition where there is a problem with blood supply to the head of the femur (which is the ball part of a ball and socket joint.) The good news is that this is treatable but the bad news is that it usually needs a surgery to treat it and it can be pricey.

It is also possible that she has hip dysplasia but this is much more common in larger dogs.

Another possibility is a hip dislocation or a torn ligament in the knee.

In any case it really is a good idea to have your vet check her out. If it is something that requires surgery and you can't afford it you can talk to your vet about putting her on anti-inflammatory medicine. It really sounds like she needs something to help her with the pain.

If you need to make payments for a surgery you may be able to get help via either of these organizations:

Care Credit
Medicard

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (13772 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (22220 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (19302 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (9196 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (23673 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (16290 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (12396 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (9227 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (9369 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (13677 views)