Poodle with leg problems.

Breed: poodle
My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started to get limp legs. now she has a very difficult time getting up from the floor to walk and sometimes she cries at night. I haven't taken her to the vet because I am afraid that it will be something that is costly and I cannot afford it. Do you have an idea of what could possibly be wrong with her?

Sorry to hear that Bella is not doing well.

There are a few things that can cause a small dog to have problems like this.

One possibility is something called Legge-Calve-Perthes disease. This is a condition where there is a problem with blood supply to the head of the femur (which is the ball part of a ball and socket joint.) The good news is that this is treatable but the bad news is that it usually needs a surgery to treat it and it can be pricey.

It is also possible that she has hip dysplasia but this is much more common in larger dogs.

Another possibility is a hip dislocation or a torn ligament in the knee.

In any case it really is a good idea to have your vet check her out. If it is something that requires surgery and you can't afford it you can talk to your vet about putting her on anti-inflammatory medicine. It really sounds like she needs something to help her with the pain.

If you need to make payments for a surgery you may be able to get help via either of these organizations:

Care Credit
Medicard

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (5910 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (14231 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8143 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (17826 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (26693 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10554 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (12847 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9104 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14232 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (12762 views)