Bad for dog to eat paper?

Breed: shitzu poodle
iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is only a puppy and im hoping she will grow out of it, but im more worried at the fact that she also eats alot of it aswell. the other day i left an A4 piece of paper on the table and she jumped up and started to tear it apart. when i finally got it off her, i realized that she tore just over half the paper up, but only a few pieces of paper were on the floor.
can eating paper harm Lexi?

Tiny chunks of paper are not likely to do harm. But, if a whole piece of paper was eaten it definitely could act as a foreign object and cause an intestinal obstruction.

You may want to try to curb the habit by setting some booby traps in the house. Leave a piece of paper out and spray it with "Bitter Apple" spray. It tastes awful and it should teach Lexi that it is not enjoyable to eat paper. You may need to do this a few times to get the message across!

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (10467 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (4761 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (9665 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (5118 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (10323 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (9251 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (10470 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (75555 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (20085 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (28591 views)