Bad for dog to eat paper?

Breed: shitzu poodle
iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is only a puppy and im hoping she will grow out of it, but im more worried at the fact that she also eats alot of it aswell. the other day i left an A4 piece of paper on the table and she jumped up and started to tear it apart. when i finally got it off her, i realized that she tore just over half the paper up, but only a few pieces of paper were on the floor.
can eating paper harm Lexi?

Tiny chunks of paper are not likely to do harm. But, if a whole piece of paper was eaten it definitely could act as a foreign object and cause an intestinal obstruction.

You may want to try to curb the habit by setting some booby traps in the house. Leave a piece of paper out and spray it with "Bitter Apple" spray. It tastes awful and it should teach Lexi that it is not enjoyable to eat paper. You may need to do this a few times to get the message across!

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (11770 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (10575 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (39739 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (77775 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (73303 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (24967 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (13834 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (12272 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (10109 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (10124 views)