Bad for dog to eat paper?

Breed: shitzu poodle
iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is only a puppy and im hoping she will grow out of it, but im more worried at the fact that she also eats alot of it aswell. the other day i left an A4 piece of paper on the table and she jumped up and started to tear it apart. when i finally got it off her, i realized that she tore just over half the paper up, but only a few pieces of paper were on the floor.
can eating paper harm Lexi?

Tiny chunks of paper are not likely to do harm. But, if a whole piece of paper was eaten it definitely could act as a foreign object and cause an intestinal obstruction.

You may want to try to curb the habit by setting some booby traps in the house. Leave a piece of paper out and spray it with "Bitter Apple" spray. It tastes awful and it should teach Lexi that it is not enjoyable to eat paper. You may need to do this a few times to get the message across!

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (5192 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (4923 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (11463 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (6041 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (14799 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (23880 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (15509 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (9680 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (14686 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (8694 views)