Bad for dog to eat paper?

Breed: shitzu poodle
iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is only a puppy and im hoping she will grow out of it, but im more worried at the fact that she also eats alot of it aswell. the other day i left an A4 piece of paper on the table and she jumped up and started to tear it apart. when i finally got it off her, i realized that she tore just over half the paper up, but only a few pieces of paper were on the floor.
can eating paper harm Lexi?

Tiny chunks of paper are not likely to do harm. But, if a whole piece of paper was eaten it definitely could act as a foreign object and cause an intestinal obstruction.

You may want to try to curb the habit by setting some booby traps in the house. Leave a piece of paper out and spray it with "Bitter Apple" spray. It tastes awful and it should teach Lexi that it is not enjoyable to eat paper. You may need to do this a few times to get the message across!

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (4351 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (11495 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (3834 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (8509 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (9481 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (8613 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (9468 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (6477 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (15782 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (13172 views)