Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (12431 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6853 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (11470 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (13091 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (7704 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (15891 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (75284 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (10503 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (6777 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (152240 views)