Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (23134 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8184 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14598 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16633 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (10427 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (32561 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8453 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10834 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34108 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (5249 views)