Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (18915 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6997 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10674 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (22974 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10951 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12874 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (25146 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (17225 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (16513 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13979 views)