Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (18424 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (29121 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (9732 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (20845 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (12695 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (28002 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (79964 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (6390 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (41269 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (20891 views)