Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (31663 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12835 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (6170 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (11219 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (11165 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (9254 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (18514 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5651 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (12122 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (14613 views)