Hibiscus toxic to dogs?

Breed: Pomeranian
Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning before I left for work. I had to leave and now I am wondering If I should return home to check on her.

Hibiscus can cause some stomach upset in dogs. It can cause mild vomiting and diarrhea and in some cases quite severe vomiting and diarrhea.

In most cases though the symptoms are mild. You likely don't need to be worried. If your dog has quite severe vomiting and diarrhea or bloody diarrhea then I would have your vet take a look. They can prescribe medication to help alleviate the symptoms.

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5352 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7602 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18877 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (16285 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (10019 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31652 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37297 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (85458 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (4345 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (14528 views)