Did I cause my cat's brain injuries?

Breed: cat male
hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he was ok eat food and played with him for a week after. He was asleep on the bed and i say hello to him and put my hand on his head and he cryed like his head was hurt or got a scare.He let me stroke him on the body he was happy.he start to act strange so i bring him to the vet she say all was ok. But then true the next week he hide alot and cryed at other cats at home . Then one day he come back and he could not walk right weakness in front legs crying at other cats he could still eat food and did not cry at me. So my mother bring him back to vet she seen blood in his ear and eyes and say cat had blood on it brain they put the cat to sleep.I was so sad i hope it was not some thing i did slapping him or scare him ; / Vet say it was head trauma or could it have bin stroke / brain tumor / or some thing eles ?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. It sounds like a very sad situation.

It is quite unlikely that the slap to the head a week ago caused the serious symptoms that caused Blacky to need to be euthanized. If you had caused head trauma with bleeding in the ear and bruising on the eye then he would not have been normal and eating well for the whole week.

The most common reason for the symptoms you described would be a very severe trauma such as a run in with a car.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but please know that it sounds very unlikely that this was your fault.

Hi would a cat be still able or feel like eating food after bad head trauma. Weakness in the front legs more on the left and staying low but able to eat food but crying at other cats be a stroke ?

No, I would not expect a cat to eat well after head trauma but then it's hard to say. We don't see many strokes in cats but it is a possibility.

It is also possible that there was a severe inner ear infection. But again, I would not expect a good appetite.

This is a tough situation. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what happened. :(

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14799 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (30216 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (31568 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4494 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9135 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9212 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (6613 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7727 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (20729 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (16775 views)