Did I cause my cat's brain injuries?

Breed: cat male
hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he was ok eat food and played with him for a week after. He was asleep on the bed and i say hello to him and put my hand on his head and he cryed like his head was hurt or got a scare.He let me stroke him on the body he was happy.he start to act strange so i bring him to the vet she say all was ok. But then true the next week he hide alot and cryed at other cats at home . Then one day he come back and he could not walk right weakness in front legs crying at other cats he could still eat food and did not cry at me. So my mother bring him back to vet she seen blood in his ear and eyes and say cat had blood on it brain they put the cat to sleep.I was so sad i hope it was not some thing i did slapping him or scare him ; / Vet say it was head trauma or could it have bin stroke / brain tumor / or some thing eles ?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. It sounds like a very sad situation.

It is quite unlikely that the slap to the head a week ago caused the serious symptoms that caused Blacky to need to be euthanized. If you had caused head trauma with bleeding in the ear and bruising on the eye then he would not have been normal and eating well for the whole week.

The most common reason for the symptoms you described would be a very severe trauma such as a run in with a car.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but please know that it sounds very unlikely that this was your fault.

Hi would a cat be still able or feel like eating food after bad head trauma. Weakness in the front legs more on the left and staying low but able to eat food but crying at other cats be a stroke ?

No, I would not expect a cat to eat well after head trauma but then it's hard to say. We don't see many strokes in cats but it is a possibility.

It is also possible that there was a severe inner ear infection. But again, I would not expect a good appetite.

This is a tough situation. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what happened. :(

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92851 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (21709 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (8646 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (27039 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (16065 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11810 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (9661 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59672 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (23878 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8351 views)