Did I cause my cat's brain injuries?

Breed: cat male
hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he was ok eat food and played with him for a week after. He was asleep on the bed and i say hello to him and put my hand on his head and he cryed like his head was hurt or got a scare.He let me stroke him on the body he was happy.he start to act strange so i bring him to the vet she say all was ok. But then true the next week he hide alot and cryed at other cats at home . Then one day he come back and he could not walk right weakness in front legs crying at other cats he could still eat food and did not cry at me. So my mother bring him back to vet she seen blood in his ear and eyes and say cat had blood on it brain they put the cat to sleep.I was so sad i hope it was not some thing i did slapping him or scare him ; / Vet say it was head trauma or could it have bin stroke / brain tumor / or some thing eles ?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. It sounds like a very sad situation.

It is quite unlikely that the slap to the head a week ago caused the serious symptoms that caused Blacky to need to be euthanized. If you had caused head trauma with bleeding in the ear and bruising on the eye then he would not have been normal and eating well for the whole week.

The most common reason for the symptoms you described would be a very severe trauma such as a run in with a car.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but please know that it sounds very unlikely that this was your fault.

Hi would a cat be still able or feel like eating food after bad head trauma. Weakness in the front legs more on the left and staying low but able to eat food but crying at other cats be a stroke ?

No, I would not expect a cat to eat well after head trauma but then it's hard to say. We don't see many strokes in cats but it is a possibility.

It is also possible that there was a severe inner ear infection. But again, I would not expect a good appetite.

This is a tough situation. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what happened. :(

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42112 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (75858 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33417 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (18351 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10658 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (4962 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6087 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5748 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (12596 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11301 views)