Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26799 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13294 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5790 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12347 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5514 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7158 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (74512 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (11840 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (9259 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (12259 views)