Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (8833 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (9513 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (11124 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (17494 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (29901 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (18537 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (23496 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (15899 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (4233 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (8228 views)