Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (6800 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (21648 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (22539 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (8680 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (21023 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (26768 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (14725 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (8441 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (10540 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (15600 views)