Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14650 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (34890 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (10856 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (10521 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8724 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8604 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9870 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6763 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (8267 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (13519 views)