Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (19750 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (11020 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (9284 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (17960 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (16383 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (12873 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (26146 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (5535 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (6428 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (9811 views)