Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (185381 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (48418 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13053 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (53941 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (11999 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (8330 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5235 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (7881 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20111 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12755 views)