Older dog won't eat.

Breed: mutt
My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't eat her food right away and goes outside to lick the snow/ lay in it (on her belly only). Should I be worried?

Any time an older dog does not want to eat then I do get worried.

This may be a sign of an age related disease such as kidney disease or cancer.

People always ask me if they can change the dog's food to get them to eat, but usually when this type of thing is happening it's because they are not feeling well and not because they don't like the food.

Looks like it's time to take her to the vet.

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (10342 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (14378 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (30379 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (8937 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13777 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (9770 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (7745 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (32503 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (18889 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (9994 views)