Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (20316 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (8771 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (11677 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (16985 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (13671 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (10181 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (18810 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (8883 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (14125 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (28794 views)