Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (22697 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (19719 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (9067 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (6822 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (8652 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (10870 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (4189 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (8323 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (11494 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (5082 views)