Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (65838 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (7266 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (13937 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (14720 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (22040 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (7894 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (24856 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (10437 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (6576 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (3456 views)