Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (11362 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (22684 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (11845 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (36035 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (28444 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (11126 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (8766 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (15832 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (14027 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (8494 views)