Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (40050 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (9926 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (8813 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (7187 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (7055 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (16076 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (21816 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (11672 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (8681 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9559 views)