Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Can my cat live with pocket pets? Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and... (6803 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (4470 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (3158 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (10462 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (4910 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (34665 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (4540 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (7964 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (9759 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (2709 views)