Pig ears and diarrhea.

Breed: Mongrel
Hi,

My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her out twice in the night as she couldn't hold it in, is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal (we've only had her 2 months)? She does have the occasional treat like pigs ears etc and when it's been raining she licks her feet to clean them, could either of these be the cause of it?

Kind Regards, Sarra

Hi Sarra,
There are many possible reasons for a dog to have diarrhea.

The first thing I would recommend is to keep a diary of what food she gets each day. You may start to notice a pattern that she gets diarrhea after receiving a certain type of treat.

When I see a dog with recurring diarrhea, one of the first things I usually recommend is to have a stool sample checked for parasites.

There are many other things that can cause off and on diarrhea.

There are a number of things that your vet may be able to do to help.

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (47820 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (298810 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (14085 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7813 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7506 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (8908 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (18199 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (11621 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7480 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (24851 views)