cat with trouble breathing

Breed: American Shot hair
I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over weight, she weights 12 pounds. Ever time I change her type of cat food, she vomits. But lately she has been vomiting a lot. The past 2 days she has been throwing up for some unknown reasons. She also looks like she is in pain. She usually is outside exploring and being a cat, but lately she just walks like she is in pain, and plops down on the ground, and wont get up for hours. She also takes extremely deep breathes like she has a hard time breathing. I really need to know what is causing this. Please help.
-Alexx

Sorry to hear that Bunny is having problems. While sometimes it can be "normal" for a cat to vomit occasionally, what you are describing with Bunny has me concerned.

The lethargy and the difficulty breathing means that there is likely something serious going on. It can mean a number of things. I think that the breathing issues are actually the most important. Some possible causes include:

-an abscess causing fever or pain
-anemia (low red cells) which could be caused by a blood parasite she can get from fleas (hemobartonella).
-fluid in the chest - either from heart failure or cancer or a virus called FIP
-severe asthma

Any time a cat is having labored breathing it is a cause for serious concern. I would advise a vet visit right away.

I hope she does ok!

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (7337 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (6554 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (24531 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8118 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (4956 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (19412 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (5800 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19057 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (27376 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17162 views)