Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Sick guinea pig.

Species: Other
Breed: guinea pig
Age: 6-12 months
hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today we took him out to my sisters baseball game and it was rlly rlly hot out, so i took him in the car. after a few minutes sitting in the car i noticed him panting and drooling and then getting real weak. then he passed out. so i took him out and rushed him to the rest rooms and soaked him in the sink. nothing helped so then we left and on the way home he passed out and couldnt even move. so we tryed to feed him ornges, lettuce and other foods he really likes he wasnt interested. and he takes little sips of water. hes real weak and doesnt have any strength im really worried. we cant afford a vet. and im really scared he may die. i know it was a stupid mistake to take him out, but he always comes. im so worried please help us.


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

I'm sorry to hear that Peppy is not feeling well. I'm really hoping that he hasn't suffered heat stroke, but it sounds like he may have. Heat stroke can have very serious consequences.

Unfortunately guinea pigs do not handle stressful situations well.

I wish I could give you some advice, but this is a situation where an emergency visit is necessary right away.

Dr. Marie.

---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10524 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8341 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (11182 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (50824 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (30065 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (28167 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (14535 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10505 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (32341 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (11547 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.