Sick guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today we took him out to my sisters baseball game and it was rlly rlly hot out, so i took him in the car. after a few minutes sitting in the car i noticed him panting and drooling and then getting real weak. then he passed out. so i took him out and rushed him to the rest rooms and soaked him in the sink. nothing helped so then we left and on the way home he passed out and couldnt even move. so we tryed to feed him ornges, lettuce and other foods he really likes he wasnt interested. and he takes little sips of water. hes real weak and doesnt have any strength im really worried. we cant afford a vet. and im really scared he may die. i know it was a stupid mistake to take him out, but he always comes. im so worried please help us.

I'm sorry to hear that Peppy is not feeling well. I'm really hoping that he hasn't suffered heat stroke, but it sounds like he may have. Heat stroke can have very serious consequences.

Unfortunately guinea pigs do not handle stressful situations well.

I wish I could give you some advice, but this is a situation where an emergency visit is necessary right away.

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (6958 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (131918 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (14641 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (13352 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (23578 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (10885 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (14922 views)

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (97822 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (15682 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (10376 views)