Sick guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today we took him out to my sisters baseball game and it was rlly rlly hot out, so i took him in the car. after a few minutes sitting in the car i noticed him panting and drooling and then getting real weak. then he passed out. so i took him out and rushed him to the rest rooms and soaked him in the sink. nothing helped so then we left and on the way home he passed out and couldnt even move. so we tryed to feed him ornges, lettuce and other foods he really likes he wasnt interested. and he takes little sips of water. hes real weak and doesnt have any strength im really worried. we cant afford a vet. and im really scared he may die. i know it was a stupid mistake to take him out, but he always comes. im so worried please help us.

I'm sorry to hear that Peppy is not feeling well. I'm really hoping that he hasn't suffered heat stroke, but it sounds like he may have. Heat stroke can have very serious consequences.

Unfortunately guinea pigs do not handle stressful situations well.

I wish I could give you some advice, but this is a situation where an emergency visit is necessary right away.

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (9379 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (13795 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (24039 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (21372 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (31114 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (7725 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (11825 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (12019 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (12823 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (13054 views)