Sick guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today we took him out to my sisters baseball game and it was rlly rlly hot out, so i took him in the car. after a few minutes sitting in the car i noticed him panting and drooling and then getting real weak. then he passed out. so i took him out and rushed him to the rest rooms and soaked him in the sink. nothing helped so then we left and on the way home he passed out and couldnt even move. so we tryed to feed him ornges, lettuce and other foods he really likes he wasnt interested. and he takes little sips of water. hes real weak and doesnt have any strength im really worried. we cant afford a vet. and im really scared he may die. i know it was a stupid mistake to take him out, but he always comes. im so worried please help us.

I'm sorry to hear that Peppy is not feeling well. I'm really hoping that he hasn't suffered heat stroke, but it sounds like he may have. Heat stroke can have very serious consequences.

Unfortunately guinea pigs do not handle stressful situations well.

I wish I could give you some advice, but this is a situation where an emergency visit is necessary right away.

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8803 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (7475 views)

Underweight dog. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs, one of whom, Mushka (mixed breed), has been... (11475 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (37165 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (16140 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6969 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (27059 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7920 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (14185 views)

White tongue in a kitten. Kitten 6weeks old looks like a 4 week old. Sootie has a white tongue? Is it... (16846 views)