Sick guinea pig.

Breed: guinea pig
hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today we took him out to my sisters baseball game and it was rlly rlly hot out, so i took him in the car. after a few minutes sitting in the car i noticed him panting and drooling and then getting real weak. then he passed out. so i took him out and rushed him to the rest rooms and soaked him in the sink. nothing helped so then we left and on the way home he passed out and couldnt even move. so we tryed to feed him ornges, lettuce and other foods he really likes he wasnt interested. and he takes little sips of water. hes real weak and doesnt have any strength im really worried. we cant afford a vet. and im really scared he may die. i know it was a stupid mistake to take him out, but he always comes. im so worried please help us.

I'm sorry to hear that Peppy is not feeling well. I'm really hoping that he hasn't suffered heat stroke, but it sounds like he may have. Heat stroke can have very serious consequences.

Unfortunately guinea pigs do not handle stressful situations well.

I wish I could give you some advice, but this is a situation where an emergency visit is necessary right away.

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (19817 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (12273 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (8097 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (7240 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (12940 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (53295 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (17815 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (7509 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12986 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (17779 views)