Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4751 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (14502 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13236 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (25099 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7300 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (13396 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (39674 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (13269 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11381 views)

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (8128 views)