Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (6650 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (13372 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (11573 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (22654 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (12460 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (14749 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (11588 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (6401 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (3859 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (8343 views)