Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (3218 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (9224 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (8888 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (19303 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (94789 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (8044 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (5406 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (5415 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (7332 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (15254 views)