Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4094 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (6227 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (19268 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (11134 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (5674 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (6162 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (6237 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (12744 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (14263 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (6474 views)