Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (16768 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (17212 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (18117 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (13408 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (6197 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (4622 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (6020 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (10036 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (7248 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (8404 views)