Lump on puppy's jaw.

Breed: Labrador Mix
Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly about the size of a pea and moves slightly, I would like to know what it could be and if its something to worry about. She is a fit, lively and healthy 5 month old puppy. Is there anything you can tell me???

Hi there...it's always hard to diagnose lumps over the internet but I can give you a few ideas.

If the lump is wartlike (i.e. kind of looks like cauliflower in texture) it may be something called a viral papilloma. These are contagious warts. They do go away on their own but can take anywhere from a few days to months to go away.

We do sometimes see cysts on the face but they are very uncommon in a young dog.

Are you sure it is not a tick? This is a possibility as well.

As long as it is not bothersome and not getting much larger then it is probably ok to watch her for now. But, if you are concerned then a vet visit is a good idea.

Cat pooping in the house. Princess has recently started pooping around the house (about 2 months). I have had... (27041 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (10745 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (15377 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (22489 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (184894 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (8180 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (11210 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (8679 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (71884 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (28912 views)