In pain after anal gland surgery.

Breed: shitzu
my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has poor appetite what can I do.He also dont want no one to touch him and hides under the sofa.

Sorry to hear that Nimo is having problems!

Usually dogs will recover relatively quickly from anal gland surgery. If he doesn't want to eat and is lethargic then there is a good possibility that he is in pain. I would advise that you ask your vet about the possibility of getting more pain medication for him. (Unfortunately there is nothing over the counter that I can recommend).

If it has been a few days since surgery it is possible that he is developing an infection at the surgical site. If you think this is the case then I would advise you have your vet take another look at him.

I hope he does ok!

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8604 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10406 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (23964 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (10140 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9435 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11152 views)

Dwarf hamsters fighting. HI DOC. , I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY... (14130 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7654 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (7464 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (22715 views)