In pain after anal gland surgery.

Breed: shitzu
my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has poor appetite what can I do.He also dont want no one to touch him and hides under the sofa.

Sorry to hear that Nimo is having problems!

Usually dogs will recover relatively quickly from anal gland surgery. If he doesn't want to eat and is lethargic then there is a good possibility that he is in pain. I would advise that you ask your vet about the possibility of getting more pain medication for him. (Unfortunately there is nothing over the counter that I can recommend).

If it has been a few days since surgery it is possible that he is developing an infection at the surgical site. If you think this is the case then I would advise you have your vet take another look at him.

I hope he does ok!

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (18891 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (41994 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (21715 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (34278 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9087 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (14808 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (14373 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (22983 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (10899 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (25715 views)