In pain after anal gland surgery.

Breed: shitzu
my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has poor appetite what can I do.He also dont want no one to touch him and hides under the sofa.

Sorry to hear that Nimo is having problems!

Usually dogs will recover relatively quickly from anal gland surgery. If he doesn't want to eat and is lethargic then there is a good possibility that he is in pain. I would advise that you ask your vet about the possibility of getting more pain medication for him. (Unfortunately there is nothing over the counter that I can recommend).

If it has been a few days since surgery it is possible that he is developing an infection at the surgical site. If you think this is the case then I would advise you have your vet take another look at him.

I hope he does ok!

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (20399 views)

Is my cat pregnant? we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or... (9995 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (26530 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (37816 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (7441 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (11180 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13972 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8492 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5734 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (19093 views)