Pregnant cat is vomiting.

Breed: Unknown
My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in heat and she came home pregnant. We don't know when she got pregnant but we figure shes close to her due date because we can see the kittens moving. The thing that's worrying me is that she is throwing up a yellow foamy substance with a clear liquid under neath. What could be wrong with her?

I'm sorry to hear that Fire Paw is possibly having problems. (Cool name - I have never met a pet named Fire Paw).

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to vomit. My first question is whether she is still eating and acting lively? If so, I'm not too concerned about some vomiting.

However, if she is not feeling well then there are a number of possibilities. One, is an infection of some sort. It could be related to the pregnancy if there is either a mammary gland infection or an infection in the uterus (i.e. if there is a dead fetus).

It's also possible that there is something going on that is unrelated to the pregnancy. Is there any chance that she got into something toxic to her kidneys? Certain house plants can be toxic and quite serious.

Another possibility is a change in food, or eating an unusual food, or eating a foreign object.

Intestinal parasites are possible as well.

If she is bright and alert and still eating then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10809 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (112733 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17925 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (10189 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (13713 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17828 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8406 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (10247 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13925 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7881 views)