Pregnant cat is vomiting.

Breed: Unknown
My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in heat and she came home pregnant. We don't know when she got pregnant but we figure shes close to her due date because we can see the kittens moving. The thing that's worrying me is that she is throwing up a yellow foamy substance with a clear liquid under neath. What could be wrong with her?

I'm sorry to hear that Fire Paw is possibly having problems. (Cool name - I have never met a pet named Fire Paw).

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to vomit. My first question is whether she is still eating and acting lively? If so, I'm not too concerned about some vomiting.

However, if she is not feeling well then there are a number of possibilities. One, is an infection of some sort. It could be related to the pregnancy if there is either a mammary gland infection or an infection in the uterus (i.e. if there is a dead fetus).

It's also possible that there is something going on that is unrelated to the pregnancy. Is there any chance that she got into something toxic to her kidneys? Certain house plants can be toxic and quite serious.

Another possibility is a change in food, or eating an unusual food, or eating a foreign object.

Intestinal parasites are possible as well.

If she is bright and alert and still eating then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (13927 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10793 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (7813 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (107303 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (16371 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (44181 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8558 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (16044 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (46364 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (8660 views)