Pregnant cat is vomiting.

Breed: Unknown
My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in heat and she came home pregnant. We don't know when she got pregnant but we figure shes close to her due date because we can see the kittens moving. The thing that's worrying me is that she is throwing up a yellow foamy substance with a clear liquid under neath. What could be wrong with her?

I'm sorry to hear that Fire Paw is possibly having problems. (Cool name - I have never met a pet named Fire Paw).

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to vomit. My first question is whether she is still eating and acting lively? If so, I'm not too concerned about some vomiting.

However, if she is not feeling well then there are a number of possibilities. One, is an infection of some sort. It could be related to the pregnancy if there is either a mammary gland infection or an infection in the uterus (i.e. if there is a dead fetus).

It's also possible that there is something going on that is unrelated to the pregnancy. Is there any chance that she got into something toxic to her kidneys? Certain house plants can be toxic and quite serious.

Another possibility is a change in food, or eating an unusual food, or eating a foreign object.

Intestinal parasites are possible as well.

If she is bright and alert and still eating then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (28821 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (4140 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (12063 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (12723 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (20693 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (7499 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (10697 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (4285 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4088 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (18018 views)