Pregnant cat is vomiting.

Breed: Unknown
My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in heat and she came home pregnant. We don't know when she got pregnant but we figure shes close to her due date because we can see the kittens moving. The thing that's worrying me is that she is throwing up a yellow foamy substance with a clear liquid under neath. What could be wrong with her?

I'm sorry to hear that Fire Paw is possibly having problems. (Cool name - I have never met a pet named Fire Paw).

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to vomit. My first question is whether she is still eating and acting lively? If so, I'm not too concerned about some vomiting.

However, if she is not feeling well then there are a number of possibilities. One, is an infection of some sort. It could be related to the pregnancy if there is either a mammary gland infection or an infection in the uterus (i.e. if there is a dead fetus).

It's also possible that there is something going on that is unrelated to the pregnancy. Is there any chance that she got into something toxic to her kidneys? Certain house plants can be toxic and quite serious.

Another possibility is a change in food, or eating an unusual food, or eating a foreign object.

Intestinal parasites are possible as well.

If she is bright and alert and still eating then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14798 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9410 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36057 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9065 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (15267 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (16623 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (17559 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (4854 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (113958 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (58318 views)