Pregnant cat is vomiting.

Breed: Unknown
My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in heat and she came home pregnant. We don't know when she got pregnant but we figure shes close to her due date because we can see the kittens moving. The thing that's worrying me is that she is throwing up a yellow foamy substance with a clear liquid under neath. What could be wrong with her?

I'm sorry to hear that Fire Paw is possibly having problems. (Cool name - I have never met a pet named Fire Paw).

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to vomit. My first question is whether she is still eating and acting lively? If so, I'm not too concerned about some vomiting.

However, if she is not feeling well then there are a number of possibilities. One, is an infection of some sort. It could be related to the pregnancy if there is either a mammary gland infection or an infection in the uterus (i.e. if there is a dead fetus).

It's also possible that there is something going on that is unrelated to the pregnancy. Is there any chance that she got into something toxic to her kidneys? Certain house plants can be toxic and quite serious.

Another possibility is a change in food, or eating an unusual food, or eating a foreign object.

Intestinal parasites are possible as well.

If she is bright and alert and still eating then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is not feeling well then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (20003 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11346 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (4732 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (7207 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (10173 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (23828 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (14523 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (12001 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (14317 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (85560 views)