Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19467 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (42070 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6337 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (8019 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (6342 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (10172 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (38784 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (26264 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (25218 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (47528 views)