Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (10007 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (24783 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (64385 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (30027 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (10023 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (8565 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (12627 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (14532 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (25503 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (8710 views)