Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (14266 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6675 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (17198 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (13342 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (10167 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (15755 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (18170 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (14046 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (5263 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (101369 views)