Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (5181 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (36918 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20334 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6639 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (10812 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (10055 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15304 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (15253 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (16186 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6432 views)