Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (8984 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (11980 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (9118 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (9979 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (8346 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (10233 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (30339 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (8208 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (14835 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (24678 views)