Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (6907 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (4874 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (13042 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (61822 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (13917 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11302 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56244 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (18558 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (4419 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (18824 views)