Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (96795 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (8651 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (19784 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (15243 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7726 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (15747 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (11102 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (9565 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (11485 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (118146 views)