Cat peeing in house.

Breed: American shorthair
Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too full. However, I just had to put my other cat to sleep 10 days ago. Since then, even though there are still 2 litter boxes and it is more clean than before, he has peed on clean clones on my dryer (previously did it on dirty clothes on floor) and has pooped several times on the floor. I don't know if he is doing this because he is sad/mad the other cat is gone or what. I do not want to get rid of him but can't continue to do this every couple of days. Please help.

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

I get asked questions like this a lot, so I wrote an article that may help:

Cat is peeing in the house.

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (6422 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (7145 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (97304 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (24404 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (15171 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (17085 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (65384 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (77662 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (106300 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (9452 views)