Swelling near dogs penis

Breed: Chihuahua
My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I was describing to him so we're leaving my dog with him for the day.

The first sign is: my dog tried to get off my lap to isolate himself while moving around in his bed to find a comfortable position but kept moving in a distressful manner.

When I lifted him up to see his belly, it was super swollen. The size of the swell is about a tennis ball and is right above his private. And his around his private area, the skin was sucked in to mold the area so there was no mean around between his legs. Above his private area, a ball of purple swell is there.

After a few minutes, the swell disappeared and his stomach look back to normal. The purple was gone also.

I also notice that he was shaking very badly and less energetic than normal.

Hes currently at the clinic, being watched to see if the swell will occur again. But I only saw it happen twice in a little over 24 hrs.

I'm wondering if what you are describing is your dog's bulbourethral glands. These are glands on either side of the penis that swell up when a dog has an erection. This can happen even if a dog is neutered.

I had trouble finding a picture of bulbourethral glands online. Sheesh...it's not safe to look for pictures like that online! But, if it helps, I'll see if I can show you what they look like:

bulbourethral glands

The only other thing I could think of would be a hernia such as an inguinal hernia. If an inguinal hernia is purple in color then this can be a serious sign of problems. If it recurs you may want to ask your vet if it could be an inguinal hernia.

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (38303 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (64922 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (10711 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (24606 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (11750 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (17553 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (12293 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (8583 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (16678 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (13629 views)