Cleansing diet for dogs?

Breed: Mini Schnau
I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my food and treats and stop using anything made in China.

Because I've been using these treats for some time, I would like to know if you could give us all some suggestions for a "cleansing diet" to feed our dogs that would help flush out any tainted remains.

Candy
P.S. I am so thankful that my dog is not showing any sign of illness. I would hate to lose her! I'm bookmarking your site and will read here regularly to learn the latest in pet health.

If your dog has eaten tainted chicken jerky and doesn't have any symptoms, then stopping feeding these treats should be all that you need to do.

If a dog was showing symptoms of being affected such as an increase in thirst and urination or severe diarrhea, then a period of time at the vet's on IV fluids would help to flush out the system.

Unfortunately we don't know what is causing these dogs to get sick.

There really is nothing that I would recommend in the way of a cleansing diet. Any good quality dog food should be sufficient once the treats are stopped.

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9433 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (13420 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (53008 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (34543 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (16590 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (9777 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (9442 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (8423 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (20694 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (6763 views)