Cleansing diet for dogs?

Breed: Mini Schnau
I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my food and treats and stop using anything made in China.

Because I've been using these treats for some time, I would like to know if you could give us all some suggestions for a "cleansing diet" to feed our dogs that would help flush out any tainted remains.

Candy
P.S. I am so thankful that my dog is not showing any sign of illness. I would hate to lose her! I'm bookmarking your site and will read here regularly to learn the latest in pet health.

If your dog has eaten tainted chicken jerky and doesn't have any symptoms, then stopping feeding these treats should be all that you need to do.

If a dog was showing symptoms of being affected such as an increase in thirst and urination or severe diarrhea, then a period of time at the vet's on IV fluids would help to flush out the system.

Unfortunately we don't know what is causing these dogs to get sick.

There really is nothing that I would recommend in the way of a cleansing diet. Any good quality dog food should be sufficient once the treats are stopped.

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (29875 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9160 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (14738 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (48883 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (17396 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13188 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (6826 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (18182 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (177307 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (8575 views)