Cleansing diet for dogs?

Breed: Mini Schnau
I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my food and treats and stop using anything made in China.

Because I've been using these treats for some time, I would like to know if you could give us all some suggestions for a "cleansing diet" to feed our dogs that would help flush out any tainted remains.

Candy
P.S. I am so thankful that my dog is not showing any sign of illness. I would hate to lose her! I'm bookmarking your site and will read here regularly to learn the latest in pet health.

If your dog has eaten tainted chicken jerky and doesn't have any symptoms, then stopping feeding these treats should be all that you need to do.

If a dog was showing symptoms of being affected such as an increase in thirst and urination or severe diarrhea, then a period of time at the vet's on IV fluids would help to flush out the system.

Unfortunately we don't know what is causing these dogs to get sick.

There really is nothing that I would recommend in the way of a cleansing diet. Any good quality dog food should be sufficient once the treats are stopped.

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (94745 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (8101 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (6904 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (5816 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8422 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (13619 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (17863 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (11201 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (38876 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7723 views)