Cleansing diet for dogs?

Breed: Mini Schnau
I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my food and treats and stop using anything made in China.

Because I've been using these treats for some time, I would like to know if you could give us all some suggestions for a "cleansing diet" to feed our dogs that would help flush out any tainted remains.

Candy
P.S. I am so thankful that my dog is not showing any sign of illness. I would hate to lose her! I'm bookmarking your site and will read here regularly to learn the latest in pet health.

If your dog has eaten tainted chicken jerky and doesn't have any symptoms, then stopping feeding these treats should be all that you need to do.

If a dog was showing symptoms of being affected such as an increase in thirst and urination or severe diarrhea, then a period of time at the vet's on IV fluids would help to flush out the system.

Unfortunately we don't know what is causing these dogs to get sick.

There really is nothing that I would recommend in the way of a cleansing diet. Any good quality dog food should be sufficient once the treats are stopped.

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5883 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (10640 views)

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (74550 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13242 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (27095 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (51574 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (9282 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (13418 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9948 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (15510 views)