Cleansing diet for dogs?

Breed: Mini Schnau
I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my food and treats and stop using anything made in China.

Because I've been using these treats for some time, I would like to know if you could give us all some suggestions for a "cleansing diet" to feed our dogs that would help flush out any tainted remains.

Candy
P.S. I am so thankful that my dog is not showing any sign of illness. I would hate to lose her! I'm bookmarking your site and will read here regularly to learn the latest in pet health.

If your dog has eaten tainted chicken jerky and doesn't have any symptoms, then stopping feeding these treats should be all that you need to do.

If a dog was showing symptoms of being affected such as an increase in thirst and urination or severe diarrhea, then a period of time at the vet's on IV fluids would help to flush out the system.

Unfortunately we don't know what is causing these dogs to get sick.

There really is nothing that I would recommend in the way of a cleansing diet. Any good quality dog food should be sufficient once the treats are stopped.

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (22756 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (33961 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24661 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (7330 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (11680 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14243 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8647 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4916 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (15291 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7539 views)