Ear cropping for boxers?

Breed: Unknown
should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your business!

I am definitely not a fan of ear cropping in boxers or any other breed for that matter. In many parts of the world it is illegal to do such a surgery.

There is no reason to crop a dog's ears other than for cosmetic reasons. There is no benefit to the dog at all. It does not reduce the incidence of infections and adds nothing to improve a dog's life.

It is a surgery that can be painful and can have complications.

I hope that answers your question!

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (12710 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (23589 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (6729 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (18428 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19463 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (17186 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (5635 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (6775 views)

My kitten died. Hi Dr Marie, We came home on Sunday after a night away (less than 24 hours) to... (11069 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (7770 views)