Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (28202 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5577 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (35143 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (14235 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (17512 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (6003 views)

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (7470 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (19670 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (13154 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (13158 views)