Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4529 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15700 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (33928 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12620 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (39510 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10465 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (62492 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8566 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18635 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11605 views)