Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9370 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16265 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16071 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (42198 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11398 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (19666 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18675 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (6898 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8267 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (7694 views)