Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (8802 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (16569 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (10613 views)

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (82864 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (12565 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (14551 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (9831 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (9867 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10040 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (53136 views)