Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11518 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6720 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13481 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11278 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (8061 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7506 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6547 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (13856 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (11208 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57094 views)