Two gerbils fighting.

Breed: gerbil
i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting they werent rasid together how can i get them to get along

Thanks for your great question!

Gerbils often do not like to be with other gerbils if they were not raised together from a young age. While there is no guarantee that they will ever get along you can try the following:

Find a way to divide the cage in two and keep each gerbil in a separate area so that they can see each other. Or, if you can't divide the cage then get a second cage and place it next to the first one.

After a week or two of the gerbils seeing each other, you can try to let them interact with each other. If there is any aggression then they go back into their separate areas.

It may also help to switch the areas every few days as well.

I hope this helps!

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12826 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (60114 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (13378 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (12851 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (38690 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7931 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (12265 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (16581 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9811 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45969 views)