Hamster with cushing's disease

Breed: sori
hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have Cushings Disease. i am very sad.How will it end? - How will the hamster die?Cushings Disease Conduction for me or other hamester? i do euthanis biaki? how?
sorry i know a little english.tnx

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Blaki may have Cushing's. Cushing's is actually very rare in hamsters. Was it diagnosed by a vet? The other possibility is diabetes.

If it is cushing's disease then it is not contagious to you or to the other hamsters. Cushing's is caused by a tumor affecting the adrenal gland which causes too much steroid to be produced by the hamster.

While there is medication that can treat cushing's disease, it can be expensive and we really don't have good information as to what doses to give. for these reasons many hamsters with cushing's are not treated.

So what happens to a hamster with Cushing's? You can expect to see hair loss, skin infections and then eventually more serious problems like urinary tract infections, and liver disease which will cause the hamster to be quite sick.

At some point, if he does not want to eat or is really lethargic (quiet) then it is time to consider euthanasia. The only humane way to do this is to have your vet do it.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (7921 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (8360 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (11159 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (7610 views)

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (16945 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (23835 views)

Should this tumor be removed? My neice's 8-month old cavoodle has a growth on his shoulder. When we first noticed... (14487 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (18117 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (32381 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8693 views)