Hamster with cushing's disease

Breed: sori
hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have Cushings Disease. i am very sad.How will it end? - How will the hamster die?Cushings Disease Conduction for me or other hamester? i do euthanis biaki? how?
sorry i know a little english.tnx

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Blaki may have Cushing's. Cushing's is actually very rare in hamsters. Was it diagnosed by a vet? The other possibility is diabetes.

If it is cushing's disease then it is not contagious to you or to the other hamsters. Cushing's is caused by a tumor affecting the adrenal gland which causes too much steroid to be produced by the hamster.

While there is medication that can treat cushing's disease, it can be expensive and we really don't have good information as to what doses to give. for these reasons many hamsters with cushing's are not treated.

So what happens to a hamster with Cushing's? You can expect to see hair loss, skin infections and then eventually more serious problems like urinary tract infections, and liver disease which will cause the hamster to be quite sick.

At some point, if he does not want to eat or is really lethargic (quiet) then it is time to consider euthanasia. The only humane way to do this is to have your vet do it.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14062 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (24205 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9276 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (5936 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15490 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6159 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9214 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (5986 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (10229 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (29600 views)