Hamster with cushing's disease

Breed: sori
hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have Cushings Disease. i am very sad.How will it end? - How will the hamster die?Cushings Disease Conduction for me or other hamester? i do euthanis biaki? how?
sorry i know a little english.tnx

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Blaki may have Cushing's. Cushing's is actually very rare in hamsters. Was it diagnosed by a vet? The other possibility is diabetes.

If it is cushing's disease then it is not contagious to you or to the other hamsters. Cushing's is caused by a tumor affecting the adrenal gland which causes too much steroid to be produced by the hamster.

While there is medication that can treat cushing's disease, it can be expensive and we really don't have good information as to what doses to give. for these reasons many hamsters with cushing's are not treated.

So what happens to a hamster with Cushing's? You can expect to see hair loss, skin infections and then eventually more serious problems like urinary tract infections, and liver disease which will cause the hamster to be quite sick.

At some point, if he does not want to eat or is really lethargic (quiet) then it is time to consider euthanasia. The only humane way to do this is to have your vet do it.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12558 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (28930 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (83364 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23008 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (10803 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (9320 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (20769 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (7457 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4773 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (81017 views)