Hamster with cushing's disease

Breed: sori
hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have Cushings Disease. i am very sad.How will it end? - How will the hamster die?Cushings Disease Conduction for me or other hamester? i do euthanis biaki? how?
sorry i know a little english.tnx

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Blaki may have Cushing's. Cushing's is actually very rare in hamsters. Was it diagnosed by a vet? The other possibility is diabetes.

If it is cushing's disease then it is not contagious to you or to the other hamsters. Cushing's is caused by a tumor affecting the adrenal gland which causes too much steroid to be produced by the hamster.

While there is medication that can treat cushing's disease, it can be expensive and we really don't have good information as to what doses to give. for these reasons many hamsters with cushing's are not treated.

So what happens to a hamster with Cushing's? You can expect to see hair loss, skin infections and then eventually more serious problems like urinary tract infections, and liver disease which will cause the hamster to be quite sick.

At some point, if he does not want to eat or is really lethargic (quiet) then it is time to consider euthanasia. The only humane way to do this is to have your vet do it.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (7586 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30521 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (18096 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (10907 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (5153 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9635 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (26316 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (9596 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (6280 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (5308 views)