Hamster with cushing's disease

Breed: sori
hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have Cushings Disease. i am very sad.How will it end? - How will the hamster die?Cushings Disease Conduction for me or other hamester? i do euthanis biaki? how?
sorry i know a little english.tnx

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Blaki may have Cushing's. Cushing's is actually very rare in hamsters. Was it diagnosed by a vet? The other possibility is diabetes.

If it is cushing's disease then it is not contagious to you or to the other hamsters. Cushing's is caused by a tumor affecting the adrenal gland which causes too much steroid to be produced by the hamster.

While there is medication that can treat cushing's disease, it can be expensive and we really don't have good information as to what doses to give. for these reasons many hamsters with cushing's are not treated.

So what happens to a hamster with Cushing's? You can expect to see hair loss, skin infections and then eventually more serious problems like urinary tract infections, and liver disease which will cause the hamster to be quite sick.

At some point, if he does not want to eat or is really lethargic (quiet) then it is time to consider euthanasia. The only humane way to do this is to have your vet do it.

I'm sorry for the bad news.

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (7736 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (27577 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7104 views)

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (13567 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (16502 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (22038 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (10854 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (12037 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7959 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (15387 views)