Dog pees when excited.

Breed: chihuahua
comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to also fix him. he pee's when he's excited and extremly fat for his size we don't let him roame because to scared what he'll do. what can i do so i might not have to get rid of him? need your help!!!! please!

Thanks for your question.

Comit's problem with peeing when he is excited is not likely to be related to the hernia and neuter surgery.

There are a number of reasons for a dog to pee when he is excited.

The first thing I would recommend is to have your vet do some urine tests to be sure there is no medical problem. If he had something causing irritation in the bladder such as an infection or crystals then this would make him more likely to leak urine when he is excited.

If this is not the case then you can work on activities that help to build up his confidence. Obedience classes are great for this. A confident dog is much less likely to have excitement urination.

Another thing that would really help is to get him to lose weight. Cut out all treats and measure out how much food he gets and give him lots of walks. When a dog is overweight, the extra fat in the abdomen can push on the bladder and cause him to have trouble holding his urine.

I hope this helps!

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (10817 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (29402 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (32662 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (7813 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (8998 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8013 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (8951 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7501 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (7789 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (12945 views)