Dog pees when excited.

Breed: chihuahua
comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to also fix him. he pee's when he's excited and extremly fat for his size we don't let him roame because to scared what he'll do. what can i do so i might not have to get rid of him? need your help!!!! please!

Thanks for your question.

Comit's problem with peeing when he is excited is not likely to be related to the hernia and neuter surgery.

There are a number of reasons for a dog to pee when he is excited.

The first thing I would recommend is to have your vet do some urine tests to be sure there is no medical problem. If he had something causing irritation in the bladder such as an infection or crystals then this would make him more likely to leak urine when he is excited.

If this is not the case then you can work on activities that help to build up his confidence. Obedience classes are great for this. A confident dog is much less likely to have excitement urination.

Another thing that would really help is to get him to lose weight. Cut out all treats and measure out how much food he gets and give him lots of walks. When a dog is overweight, the extra fat in the abdomen can push on the bladder and cause him to have trouble holding his urine.

I hope this helps!

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (11980 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (35702 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (6670 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (11199 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (16321 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (8025 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12472 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (31179 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (13457 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (34549 views)