Itchy and meowing.

Breed: Mix
Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's missing fur on the top of her head not eating to well but drinking a lot of water she has been acting strange wants to be alone meowing loudly and now she's been in the shower by her self with the curtain closed

Hmmm...this is a tough question to answer.

There really is nothing that I can think of that can connect itchiness and wanting to hide away in the shower. So, let's look at each oft these separately.

The most common reason for itchiness at this time of year is fleas, even in an indoor cat. Fleas can come in on your pantleg or on another animal (if for example you have a dog who goes in and out.) It's often hard to find fleas, especially if there are only one or two. It's not a bad idea to talk to your vet about a prescription flea control product.

My other concern is that Carmal is definitely a senior at 14 years of age. Sometimes if a cat is fighting an illness they can have hair loss and have strange activities like wanting to be alone and meowing lots. However, the hair loss isn't usually associated with itchiness.

If Carmal did have an age related illness, her immune system could be more susceptible to something like ringworm.

Carmal is not on thyroid medicine is she? I have seen some cats on thyroid medicine get bald patches on their face when the dose is too high.

At this point the absolute best thing you can do for her is to have the vet do a good thorough exam and probably a blood profile.

I wish I could give you a more exact answer, but it really does sound like she should have a checkup.

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (13378 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (5962 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (31692 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12370 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9344 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9176 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (20919 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (17829 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (21502 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (13341 views)