Cat with a cold.

Breed: calico
My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her other than giving her a little vitamin c and wet food for hydration.

Thanks for your question. Do cats get colds? Not really. But there are some respiratory viruses that can cause symptoms like a human cold.

If a cat is just sneezing I don't usually treat it with anything.

If a cat is really stuffed up then sometimes they need antibiotics. If you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose then Socks will need to see a vet to get some antibiotics.

One thing that helps to relieve the symptoms of a respiratory virus in a cat is Lysine which helps to stop the virus from reproducing.

Another thing that can help if she is really stuffed up is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then leave her in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam will help to relieve the congestion.

Cats make their own vitamin C so there is no benefit in giving her any vitamin C.

I hope she does ok!

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (9763 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (105908 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (5409 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7127 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8527 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8065 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (6648 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (9845 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10203 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (14419 views)