Cat with a cold.

Breed: calico
My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her other than giving her a little vitamin c and wet food for hydration.

Thanks for your question. Do cats get colds? Not really. But there are some respiratory viruses that can cause symptoms like a human cold.

If a cat is just sneezing I don't usually treat it with anything.

If a cat is really stuffed up then sometimes they need antibiotics. If you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose then Socks will need to see a vet to get some antibiotics.

One thing that helps to relieve the symptoms of a respiratory virus in a cat is Lysine which helps to stop the virus from reproducing.

Another thing that can help if she is really stuffed up is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then leave her in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam will help to relieve the congestion.

Cats make their own vitamin C so there is no benefit in giving her any vitamin C.

I hope she does ok!

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (14363 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (16643 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (33696 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (16090 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (99769 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (23032 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (21514 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (16321 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (13053 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (11036 views)