Cat with a cold.

Breed: calico
My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her other than giving her a little vitamin c and wet food for hydration.

Thanks for your question. Do cats get colds? Not really. But there are some respiratory viruses that can cause symptoms like a human cold.

If a cat is just sneezing I don't usually treat it with anything.

If a cat is really stuffed up then sometimes they need antibiotics. If you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes or nose then Socks will need to see a vet to get some antibiotics.

One thing that helps to relieve the symptoms of a respiratory virus in a cat is Lysine which helps to stop the virus from reproducing.

Another thing that can help if she is really stuffed up is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then leave her in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam will help to relieve the congestion.

Cats make their own vitamin C so there is no benefit in giving her any vitamin C.

I hope she does ok!

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (7640 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (5274 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (7157 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (107697 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (14103 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (237203 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (6652 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (68018 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (7277 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (9128 views)