Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5356 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (22778 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (9554 views)

Wobbly after back surgery. My little dog, pumpkin, had surgery for a 'blown disc' 2-1/2 years. She attempts to... (7315 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (25210 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (8610 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (5363 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (5932 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (38014 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (37034 views)