Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9843 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9988 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (8252 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (50619 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25680 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6210 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (24532 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (14089 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8849 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (7282 views)