Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (27991 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (7137 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (11563 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (7008 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6768 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13542 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12210 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9894 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14588 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15634 views)