Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10369 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10657 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5477 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6178 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6623 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19053 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (6668 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (6800 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (18940 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7526 views)