Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (24060 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (35739 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (13198 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (29516 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (37599 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (18542 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (12685 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (10145 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (6967 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11976 views)