Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14776 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (10890 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (79534 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (12969 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (10259 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (11912 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (5696 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19472 views)

Cat can't move tail or legs. My girlfriend's family saved a cat viciously attacked by dogs in the street in... (28463 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8839 views)