Cat limping and vomiting.

Breed: Mix
Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that she was having trouble jumping onto things (bed, couch, etc), when normally she loves to jump on the armrests of the chairs in our living room, and spend hours sunbathing in our window. Every time she tries to stretch, she falls back out of it, as though it is a strain on her. I just walked into my room and found that she had vomited twice, both times it looked like she'd barely had the food in her, you could still make out the food pellets. She also seems slightly more withdrawn and skittish than usual.
Should we take her to the vet?

Sorry to hear that Maybellene is having problems.

Does she go outside? The most common reason for a cat to be limping and vomiting would be if there was an infection in the leg or paw. The most common reason for an infection would be a bite from another cat. Often by the time we start seeing symptoms the bite has healed and there is infection under the skin, so we don't always see a wound.

If there is an infection then the only way to treat it is with antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Some cats can be limping because of something mild like a strained muscle or a bruise but this really shouldn't cause vomiting. If this is something mild you should notice an improvement in 24-48 hours.

Of course, something more serious like a fracture is possible too.

If these symptoms are still occurring after 24 hours, or if your gut is telling you that something is just not right then a vet visit is definitely the best idea.

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (47212 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (8229 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (14796 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7161 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9137 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (16528 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (4703 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (19247 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (13553 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (10860 views)