Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (26850 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (25112 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (21172 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (78643 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (59072 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (16279 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (20065 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (11823 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (22890 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (15130 views)