Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (11745 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (4762 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18439 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (15983 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12028 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (12639 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (6656 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5225 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (4967 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10654 views)