Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4404 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (16438 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (54930 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (9734 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (4361 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (59174 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (9348 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (47672 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (18179 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (4415 views)