Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (7351 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (22156 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (13448 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (6736 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (12576 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (9725 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (31842 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (22730 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (13035 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (17272 views)