Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (55670 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (16003 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (5275 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (19359 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (12480 views)

pain after root canal Had major teeth work performed about 3 months ago as we noticed her breath and she... (8587 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (4965 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (10126 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (24625 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (8039 views)