Snapping noise in joints.

Breed: Labrador retriever
Doctor,
We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and are so much family members I want to claim them on my taxes!
The black lab is 9 months old and I noticed after he has been laying down for a bit, there is a clicking/snapping noise seeming to come from his rear legs. He moves about slowly nd gingerly for a short time(10-15 seconds) and then is off and running with his older brother without any of that clicking sound. Is this a possible problem in the making or is it normal in such a young lab? Does arthritis know age or descriminate in any way?
Thank you so much in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to provide.
Jim

This sounds like it could be a condition with his miniscus. In most cases I don't get too worried about this. It's similar to people whose knees "pop" when they bend down.

However, if he is limping at all then it's worthwhile to have your vet take a look!

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20109 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (7410 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (14111 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (9851 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (7955 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (72926 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6234 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (4078 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7509 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10023 views)