Thinking of getting a malamute.

Breed: alaskan malamute
hi,
i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been wanting to get a alaskan malamute for quite some time, and i need to know a few things about the breed but i dont want to have to pay any money at the moment so it must be free. my first question is will an alaskan malamute get along with my malchi? my second question is will it do well in a half acre yard? we are starting to get ready to build a house on a 3.5 acre lot and i need to know if it will do well in the areas given. i also would like to know if the malamute would do well in a utah climate. will it get too hot? if you have any more information about the breed or the questions given please email me.
thanks,
anonymous

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

It's always hard to know whether a new dog will get along with your current dog.

While I have seen malamutes that live with other dogs quite well, I do have a number of malamutes in my practice that simply do not get along with other dogs. Many malamutes have a high prey instinct and so I would be cautious with introducing him or her to your malchi.

Malamutes are really built for arctic temperatures, so the summers in Utah could be difficult for your new dog.

Regarding the yard, that sounds just fine to me.

I would highly advise you to talk to a number of malamute breeders in your area and get their opinion on your questions. People who breed malamutes will be the best source of information on how well they adapt to different environments.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (10031 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (4996 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (14196 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (2067 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (17554 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (6826 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (6410 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (4929 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (8179 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (16410 views)