Thinking of getting a malamute.

Breed: alaskan malamute
hi,
i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been wanting to get a alaskan malamute for quite some time, and i need to know a few things about the breed but i dont want to have to pay any money at the moment so it must be free. my first question is will an alaskan malamute get along with my malchi? my second question is will it do well in a half acre yard? we are starting to get ready to build a house on a 3.5 acre lot and i need to know if it will do well in the areas given. i also would like to know if the malamute would do well in a utah climate. will it get too hot? if you have any more information about the breed or the questions given please email me.
thanks,
anonymous

It's always hard to know whether a new dog will get along with your current dog.

While I have seen malamutes that live with other dogs quite well, I do have a number of malamutes in my practice that simply do not get along with other dogs. Many malamutes have a high prey instinct and so I would be cautious with introducing him or her to your malchi.

Malamutes are really built for arctic temperatures, so the summers in Utah could be difficult for your new dog.

Regarding the yard, that sounds just fine to me.

I would highly advise you to talk to a number of malamute breeders in your area and get their opinion on your questions. People who breed malamutes will be the best source of information on how well they adapt to different environments.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (6405 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (7043 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (2889 views)

Vomiting due to virus? Hello Dr.Marie. Okay so my 14 year old cat smokey has been going threw some... (7207 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (12441 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (3926 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (14325 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (3820 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (12412 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (3715 views)