Redo rabies vaccine?

Breed: American Pit bull Te
Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me the paperwork but they somehow lost the paperwork. If I never get it, can she get the rabies shot again? I thought of an option of asking your veterinarian to check her rabies titer to see if she is protected or not. But I heard that the titer test is fairly expensive, not always locally available, and can be unreliable and in most cases it is simpler to just vaccinate. However, I am concerned of overvaccination.
I would like to have your opinion about overvaccination.

This type of thing happens a lot. I have had many clients that got new dogs and were told that their vaccines were up to date but were never given the vaccination papers. In cases like this we always go under the assumption that the vaccines are not up to date.

It is definitely safe to give a shot now, even if she has had a rabies vaccines before. No harm will be done.

You are right about rabies testing - it is quite pricey. In my clinic it is over $200 for the test. Additionally, if she does have a positive titre it means that she has had a vaccine before but no one knows how long it will be good for. In places where you require a rabies certificate they usually will not accept a blood titre test.

It definitely sounds like the best thing to do will be to vaccinate her now.

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (78122 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (21791 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (20459 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (70160 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9377 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9526 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (15090 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13325 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8082 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (6247 views)