Redo rabies vaccine?

Breed: American Pit bull Te
Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me the paperwork but they somehow lost the paperwork. If I never get it, can she get the rabies shot again? I thought of an option of asking your veterinarian to check her rabies titer to see if she is protected or not. But I heard that the titer test is fairly expensive, not always locally available, and can be unreliable and in most cases it is simpler to just vaccinate. However, I am concerned of overvaccination.
I would like to have your opinion about overvaccination.

This type of thing happens a lot. I have had many clients that got new dogs and were told that their vaccines were up to date but were never given the vaccination papers. In cases like this we always go under the assumption that the vaccines are not up to date.

It is definitely safe to give a shot now, even if she has had a rabies vaccines before. No harm will be done.

You are right about rabies testing - it is quite pricey. In my clinic it is over $200 for the test. Additionally, if she does have a positive titre it means that she has had a vaccine before but no one knows how long it will be good for. In places where you require a rabies certificate they usually will not accept a blood titre test.

It definitely sounds like the best thing to do will be to vaccinate her now.

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (19761 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24953 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (7127 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (11427 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (38596 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8095 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56689 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (16616 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4584 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (27065 views)