Redo rabies vaccine?

Breed: American Pit bull Te
Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me the paperwork but they somehow lost the paperwork. If I never get it, can she get the rabies shot again? I thought of an option of asking your veterinarian to check her rabies titer to see if she is protected or not. But I heard that the titer test is fairly expensive, not always locally available, and can be unreliable and in most cases it is simpler to just vaccinate. However, I am concerned of overvaccination.
I would like to have your opinion about overvaccination.

This type of thing happens a lot. I have had many clients that got new dogs and were told that their vaccines were up to date but were never given the vaccination papers. In cases like this we always go under the assumption that the vaccines are not up to date.

It is definitely safe to give a shot now, even if she has had a rabies vaccines before. No harm will be done.

You are right about rabies testing - it is quite pricey. In my clinic it is over $200 for the test. Additionally, if she does have a positive titre it means that she has had a vaccine before but no one knows how long it will be good for. In places where you require a rabies certificate they usually will not accept a blood titre test.

It definitely sounds like the best thing to do will be to vaccinate her now.

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6969 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (26726 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7917 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (39550 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (10656 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (28965 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (14852 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8683 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (11345 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (679472 views)