Redo rabies vaccine?

Breed: American Pit bull Te
Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me the paperwork but they somehow lost the paperwork. If I never get it, can she get the rabies shot again? I thought of an option of asking your veterinarian to check her rabies titer to see if she is protected or not. But I heard that the titer test is fairly expensive, not always locally available, and can be unreliable and in most cases it is simpler to just vaccinate. However, I am concerned of overvaccination.
I would like to have your opinion about overvaccination.

This type of thing happens a lot. I have had many clients that got new dogs and were told that their vaccines were up to date but were never given the vaccination papers. In cases like this we always go under the assumption that the vaccines are not up to date.

It is definitely safe to give a shot now, even if she has had a rabies vaccines before. No harm will be done.

You are right about rabies testing - it is quite pricey. In my clinic it is over $200 for the test. Additionally, if she does have a positive titre it means that she has had a vaccine before but no one knows how long it will be good for. In places where you require a rabies certificate they usually will not accept a blood titre test.

It definitely sounds like the best thing to do will be to vaccinate her now.

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (29043 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (7451 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (50309 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (25388 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (12844 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (12225 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (9981 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (8133 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (132449 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (10994 views)