Cat won't use litter box.

Breed: cat
I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems. However since birth she refuses to use a liter box. I have tried every liter on the market, shut her in the bathroom with food, water and liter box which are on opposite sides of the room. She will not go in the box, she goes in a corner, I have picked up the poo and put it in the box with her and she jumps right out.I have used open box and covered box. I am at my wits end, please help me!!

This is a frustrating problem!

I don't know if I have ever seen a cat who totally refuses to use the box at all.

I have a few ideas for you that you can try.

You have done the right thing by experimenting with different types of litter. Now, try different litter boxes. It would help if you could put the box in the corner where she likes to go. First, try a regular box in the corner. If she won't use that then try a box with tall walls (like a rubbermaid container). If that doesn't work, then try a boot tray with just a small amount of litter.

If none of those work, then try putting an incontinence pad in the corner where she is going. Most cats will go on one of these. (You can buy "pee-pads" for pets, but it is less expensive to buy incontinence pads that people put on the bed for bedwetting.) If she will go on the pad, then you can try placing the pad so it is mostly on the floor but partly on the box. Every day move it so it is a little bit more in the box until eventually it is in the box. Then, each day you can gradually move the box closer to the place where you want it to be.

I hope this helps!

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (8385 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (10351 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (19718 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7293 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (9704 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (11655 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (11731 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (26109 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (4857 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15326 views)