Cat won't use litter box.

Breed: cat
I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems. However since birth she refuses to use a liter box. I have tried every liter on the market, shut her in the bathroom with food, water and liter box which are on opposite sides of the room. She will not go in the box, she goes in a corner, I have picked up the poo and put it in the box with her and she jumps right out.I have used open box and covered box. I am at my wits end, please help me!!

This is a frustrating problem!

I don't know if I have ever seen a cat who totally refuses to use the box at all.

I have a few ideas for you that you can try.

You have done the right thing by experimenting with different types of litter. Now, try different litter boxes. It would help if you could put the box in the corner where she likes to go. First, try a regular box in the corner. If she won't use that then try a box with tall walls (like a rubbermaid container). If that doesn't work, then try a boot tray with just a small amount of litter.

If none of those work, then try putting an incontinence pad in the corner where she is going. Most cats will go on one of these. (You can buy "pee-pads" for pets, but it is less expensive to buy incontinence pads that people put on the bed for bedwetting.) If she will go on the pad, then you can try placing the pad so it is mostly on the floor but partly on the box. Every day move it so it is a little bit more in the box until eventually it is in the box. Then, each day you can gradually move the box closer to the place where you want it to be.

I hope this helps!

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (10461 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (31971 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (14789 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (12370 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10302 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (66744 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (36514 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5348 views)

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (72712 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (15998 views)