Cat won't use litter box.

Breed: cat
I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems. However since birth she refuses to use a liter box. I have tried every liter on the market, shut her in the bathroom with food, water and liter box which are on opposite sides of the room. She will not go in the box, she goes in a corner, I have picked up the poo and put it in the box with her and she jumps right out.I have used open box and covered box. I am at my wits end, please help me!!

This is a frustrating problem!

I don't know if I have ever seen a cat who totally refuses to use the box at all.

I have a few ideas for you that you can try.

You have done the right thing by experimenting with different types of litter. Now, try different litter boxes. It would help if you could put the box in the corner where she likes to go. First, try a regular box in the corner. If she won't use that then try a box with tall walls (like a rubbermaid container). If that doesn't work, then try a boot tray with just a small amount of litter.

If none of those work, then try putting an incontinence pad in the corner where she is going. Most cats will go on one of these. (You can buy "pee-pads" for pets, but it is less expensive to buy incontinence pads that people put on the bed for bedwetting.) If she will go on the pad, then you can try placing the pad so it is mostly on the floor but partly on the box. Every day move it so it is a little bit more in the box until eventually it is in the box. Then, each day you can gradually move the box closer to the place where you want it to be.

I hope this helps!

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20551 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10594 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (15097 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10082 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (4830 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5767 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54455 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (18334 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (9561 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5767 views)