Cat won't use litter box.

Breed: cat
I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems. However since birth she refuses to use a liter box. I have tried every liter on the market, shut her in the bathroom with food, water and liter box which are on opposite sides of the room. She will not go in the box, she goes in a corner, I have picked up the poo and put it in the box with her and she jumps right out.I have used open box and covered box. I am at my wits end, please help me!!

This is a frustrating problem!

I don't know if I have ever seen a cat who totally refuses to use the box at all.

I have a few ideas for you that you can try.

You have done the right thing by experimenting with different types of litter. Now, try different litter boxes. It would help if you could put the box in the corner where she likes to go. First, try a regular box in the corner. If she won't use that then try a box with tall walls (like a rubbermaid container). If that doesn't work, then try a boot tray with just a small amount of litter.

If none of those work, then try putting an incontinence pad in the corner where she is going. Most cats will go on one of these. (You can buy "pee-pads" for pets, but it is less expensive to buy incontinence pads that people put on the bed for bedwetting.) If she will go on the pad, then you can try placing the pad so it is mostly on the floor but partly on the box. Every day move it so it is a little bit more in the box until eventually it is in the box. Then, each day you can gradually move the box closer to the place where you want it to be.

I hope this helps!

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14655 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (21230 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (19998 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (13974 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (20583 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6952 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (12115 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9597 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14653 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (7774 views)