Cat won't use litter box.

Breed: cat
I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems. However since birth she refuses to use a liter box. I have tried every liter on the market, shut her in the bathroom with food, water and liter box which are on opposite sides of the room. She will not go in the box, she goes in a corner, I have picked up the poo and put it in the box with her and she jumps right out.I have used open box and covered box. I am at my wits end, please help me!!

This is a frustrating problem!

I don't know if I have ever seen a cat who totally refuses to use the box at all.

I have a few ideas for you that you can try.

You have done the right thing by experimenting with different types of litter. Now, try different litter boxes. It would help if you could put the box in the corner where she likes to go. First, try a regular box in the corner. If she won't use that then try a box with tall walls (like a rubbermaid container). If that doesn't work, then try a boot tray with just a small amount of litter.

If none of those work, then try putting an incontinence pad in the corner where she is going. Most cats will go on one of these. (You can buy "pee-pads" for pets, but it is less expensive to buy incontinence pads that people put on the bed for bedwetting.) If she will go on the pad, then you can try placing the pad so it is mostly on the floor but partly on the box. Every day move it so it is a little bit more in the box until eventually it is in the box. Then, each day you can gradually move the box closer to the place where you want it to be.

I hope this helps!

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (39802 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (9790 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (14649 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (54639 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (8820 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (10528 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (42693 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (15298 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (318990 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (9440 views)