Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9479 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (6900 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (6977 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11134 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11670 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30572 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6503 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (6091 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (33272 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12474 views)