Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (27711 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (7266 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (10703 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6036 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7352 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7551 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (19148 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8601 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10695 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5218 views)