Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (11976 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8981 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (8897 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (9803 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (14388 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (9627 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8748 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10292 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9828 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (6762 views)