Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (14630 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16826 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (9036 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (10047 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16093 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (14309 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (5940 views)

Do dogs get sciatica? Hi, about three weeks ago zues' back legs seemed week and clumsy and he was dripping... (13812 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (52097 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (8357 views)