Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (19746 views)

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (56910 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (5362 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11014 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (13900 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (9895 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3680 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (48138 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (17168 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (6667 views)