Eye medicine for my cat.

Breed: DSH
We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye infection and they gave us some vetropolycin and some antibiotics, we finished them and it is almost cleared up there is just a little infection still in his eye. Is there any ointment we can buy from a pet store or a super market instead of going to a vet and getting a bill? Thank you

Unfortunately, over the counter eye medications are not a good idea for cats.

If the infection is almost cleared up but has not gone away completely, you can call your vet and ask if they can dispense more. Sometimes, they will do that without requiring a second visit.

I'd highly advise you to call the vet though because if this goes untreated it can definitely be serious.

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (18066 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (5849 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6519 views)

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (76195 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (14500 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (18121 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8451 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6681 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (17478 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (30533 views)