Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (11935 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (8713 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (12083 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (9029 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (125401 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (8464 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (57060 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (19428 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (7656 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (12275 views)