Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8472 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (6736 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (23003 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (22115 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (6727 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7626 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (21692 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8328 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (21782 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (12748 views)