Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (19101 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (7239 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (7622 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (91880 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (9014 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (16643 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (26313 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (10349 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (11742 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (27486 views)