Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (27893 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (12747 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (6715 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (20941 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (10557 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (44164 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (5407 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (8600 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (22657 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (16869 views)