Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (13223 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (11283 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (10678 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20418 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (11087 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (17526 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (5096 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (8602 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (69334 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (12678 views)