Cat is getting lazy.

Breed: Unknown
Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could get his paws on. Now he doesn't play at all. Even when I roll a toy at his paw, the most he does is lazily bat it away. It is very hard to get him to exercise and he's getting overweight because of it. He is very stubborn and WILL NOT EXERCISE. We are feeding him what an average 4kg cat should eat, but he still has a big flap of fat under his belly. How can I get him to exercise and stop being overweight?

Thanks for an interesting question.

This is probably normal behavior for most cats. They all seem to get extremely lazy as they move from kittens to adults.

You may find this website helpful in giving you some ideas to get Snowy to be more active:

The indoor pet initiative.

You can also try putting his food in different areas of the house so he has to move around to get it.

I hope you find some good tips on the website!

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (13392 views)

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (7605 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (9852 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (29006 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (64910 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (35340 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (10596 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (14404 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (20397 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (9439 views)