Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (9384 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (15555 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (12392 views)

Dog ate raisins. My 16lb. 10 month old beagle ate about 20-25 raisins yesterday at approx. 6pm and we... (138019 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (33935 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (17562 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (6742 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (21495 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (5888 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (47388 views)