Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (29253 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (17242 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (10055 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (9848 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (19473 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (28362 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (8276 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (11412 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (16950 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (20906 views)