Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (9873 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (32359 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (34231 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (10759 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (30553 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (172255 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (18323 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (21374 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (8565 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (7381 views)