Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (14365 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (89455 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (17762 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (4888 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7273 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (21185 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (15363 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (11725 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4194 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (8272 views)