Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (58816 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (5215 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7551 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (5229 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (5140 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (22474 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (30712 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (13953 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (10059 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (10101 views)