Kitten has diarrhea

Breed: domestic
my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on wet food..3 days ago i noticed that she wasn't making it to her litter box to poopoo. i was leaving food out all day for her but thought maybe it was due to over eating..still today she has diarrhea.

If a kitten this young has diarrhea, the first thing I think of is parasites. It would be great to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there is a parasite problem there. Not all parasites are killed by regular dewormers so it is a good idea to have the sample checked.

A change in food can cause some mild diarrhea but it should not last more than 24 hours.

If the kitten is not feeling well then it is also possible there is some sort of virus. If you feel that she is unwell and if her appetite decreases then she will need a vet visit right away.

I hope she gets better soon!

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (13490 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (28784 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (6048 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (23555 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7824 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (29671 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (11213 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (8427 views)

Wound on cat's paw. When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a... (7141 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (10595 views)