Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (14676 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (3310 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (10642 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (14829 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (9700 views)

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (26961 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (15919 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (5754 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (6417 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (14179 views)