Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (4605 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (4126 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (52721 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (6982 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (4249 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (7723 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (10394 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (5739 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (3979 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (4251 views)