Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (14726 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (9720 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (6635 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (16395 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3837 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7073 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (20516 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (9363 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12097 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24052 views)