Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (9790 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (11523 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (5569 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (6699 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (37941 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (12253 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (21716 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (23564 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (8420 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7459 views)