Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (4865 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (11481 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (11189 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8107 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (24017 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (72018 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5618 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6337 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (6641 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (15120 views)