Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9777 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (10948 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (241119 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (36249 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4911 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15675 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (15319 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (7951 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (32445 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (10880 views)