Flea problems.

Breed: yorkie
My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she is still itching. I think she might be infested with fleas? She seems miserable, irritated, and always itchy. Everytime I pick off ten I see ten more. She has scabs from where she has scratched so much she has bled. I really don't know what else to do or what other flea treatment I can trust.

Please help!

Katelyn & Roxie

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Fleas are getting harder and harder to kill these days. This is mostly the fault of cheap pet store products. Many of the over the counter products only kill a portion of the fleas. You need to use a prescription product such as Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. Be sure you treat for at least 3 months in a row and you need to treat all of the animals in the house.

If you use the product properly you will not have any more fleas.

If Roxie is really irritated she may need to see her vet to be sure there is no skin infection along with the fleas.

You can read other flea questions here:

Can I use garlic or ginger for fleas?
Does Pet Store flea medicine work?
Cat is on frontline and capstar but still has fleas

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (5422 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (6104 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (2586 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (2731 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (9298 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (5822 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (18737 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (8281 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (9083 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (9263 views)