Diarrhea with canned food.

Breed: Maine Coon
We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little canned plus always have dry out for them. he loves it but after trying different kinds it seems to bothre him with diarreah.But he cries for food in mornigns and he is not at all fat. the only dry food he seemed to like was Healthy Weight kind. Is it ok to give him tuna all the tmie or what other alternatives are out there without too much expense.
Thank you

Thanks for your question.

It's not ideal for a cat to eat tuna on a regular basis. Here is a similar question where I answer whether or not it is safe for a cat to eat tuna.

If canned food gives Goliath diarrhea, it is ok for him to just stick to dry food.

It's not a bad idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to make sure there aren't any parasite issues with Goliath. Sometimes if a cat has a parasite such as giardia for example, they can be extra sensitive to certain foods.

If you want to feed a canned food you could talk to your vet about a prescription food such as Hill's i/d. However, this would not be an inexpensive food.

Again, if he is crying for food and he is not overweight then I would increase his dry ration and that really should be ok!

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (14625 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (13384 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (15184 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (13451 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (10696 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (53023 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (12079 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (34977 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (8996 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (6277 views)