Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (23210 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (20271 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (11322 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (8969 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (7221 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7916 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (9007 views)

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (5161 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5422 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (9047 views)