Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7135 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (15630 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (7932 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (11805 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (8383 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11631 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10079 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14747 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (23317 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (45454 views)