Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (7792 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (9032 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (13155 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4328 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (9767 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11122 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (8790 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (17333 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10275 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (13547 views)