Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (10674 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (8408 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (17997 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (12462 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25392 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (42146 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (12544 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16486 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (8677 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (9409 views)