Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (32015 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (17028 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (11166 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (8124 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (13912 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (9126 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (12808 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (10243 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (18248 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (36688 views)