Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (11358 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (8822 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (11825 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (11725 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (12716 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (17761 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (13749 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (28247 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (48698 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (6282 views)