Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (28771 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (19291 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (23350 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (15591 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (14641 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (9785 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (72453 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (7910 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (17582 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (11899 views)