Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (12262 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (139015 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9977 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (35498 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (20156 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (16948 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (11088 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (30236 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (8137 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (88134 views)