Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (12752 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4535 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (21368 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12110 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (27218 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (17889 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11982 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (19342 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (16286 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (90371 views)