Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4044 views)

Vomiting dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog Frank is usually very active, but one week ago he was feeling... (6548 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7389 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (13765 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13312 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15701 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (18684 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (16795 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (11242 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (6514 views)