Discolored fur around mouth.

Breed: Westie
I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink brown , i thought it was the bye in the dog food so i changed to a food that has no die but this did not help .... what is causing this ?

When a dog gets red stained fur it is usually because of saliva staining. There is not a whole lot that can be done to prevent this from happening around the mouth. However, giving the sides of his mouth a good wipe with a cloth or baby wipe after each time he eats may help somewhat.

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (8798 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (6539 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (8042 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (6878 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (18265 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (6904 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (15943 views)

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (18370 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (21283 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (16464 views)