Vomiting foamy yellow stuff.

Breed: Yorki
My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago for about a 1.5 day. Day before and that day he did not eat or drink much. He was attempting to eat grass outside, but we were watching him not to. I was giving him just rice the next day and he started to feel better. On the second day i made rice and boiled chicken. First two meals where OK, but last night he throw up in his crate and then foamy yellow/whitish stuff in the morning. Any suggestions why and is it worthy going to the vet?

Sorry to hear your little guy is not feeling well! There are numerous causes for vomiting. The most common is when a dog eats something that he should not have eaten. Some foods can just set a dog's stomach off and cause them to vomit and potentially have diarrhea.

If this is the case, then the rice and chicken often help. I usually precede this with a period of 24 hours with no food.

It sounds like he is generally making improvement. If he does have some appetite then this is a good sign.

Here are some criteria I would use to determine whether or not you need to take him to the vet:

-if he is vomiting several times per day and it goes on for more than 48 hours.
-if his appetite is not back to normal within 48 hours.
-if he seems really uncomfortable. If he's painful in his abdomen then he may have a serious condition called pancreatitis.
-if the vomiting is accompanied by an increase in thirst and urination then this could indicate a serious problem with the liver or kidneys.

Another thing I advise people is to "trust your gut". If you think things are not right then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope he feels better soon!

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (5927 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7070 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7291 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (24470 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (9297 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (3980 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (12288 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12145 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9284 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (32996 views)