Vomiting foamy yellow stuff.

Breed: Yorki
My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago for about a 1.5 day. Day before and that day he did not eat or drink much. He was attempting to eat grass outside, but we were watching him not to. I was giving him just rice the next day and he started to feel better. On the second day i made rice and boiled chicken. First two meals where OK, but last night he throw up in his crate and then foamy yellow/whitish stuff in the morning. Any suggestions why and is it worthy going to the vet?

Sorry to hear your little guy is not feeling well! There are numerous causes for vomiting. The most common is when a dog eats something that he should not have eaten. Some foods can just set a dog's stomach off and cause them to vomit and potentially have diarrhea.

If this is the case, then the rice and chicken often help. I usually precede this with a period of 24 hours with no food.

It sounds like he is generally making improvement. If he does have some appetite then this is a good sign.

Here are some criteria I would use to determine whether or not you need to take him to the vet:

-if he is vomiting several times per day and it goes on for more than 48 hours.
-if his appetite is not back to normal within 48 hours.
-if he seems really uncomfortable. If he's painful in his abdomen then he may have a serious condition called pancreatitis.
-if the vomiting is accompanied by an increase in thirst and urination then this could indicate a serious problem with the liver or kidneys.

Another thing I advise people is to "trust your gut". If you think things are not right then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope he feels better soon!

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (12206 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (9415 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (16018 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (10314 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (20628 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (16753 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (13226 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (15258 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (13050 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8833 views)