Lump with hole and something moving in it.

Breed: Tabby? not sure, as
Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and she hissed in pain and jumped out of my arms. the night before she didn't do this. So i gently checked her for what was wrong. i found a sore like spot on her side, not big maybe fingernail size or smaller. im almost 100% sure its ring worm but the only thing making me not sure is the very small hole at the center about the size of a toothpick tip. is that common with ringworm? It seems to have something in it moving, i thought maybe a tick or such...but im really not sure, i need to know soon as you can. Thank you so much (:

Though I can't say for sure, I am wondering if your kitten has a cuterebra. This is a parasite that goes through its life cycle inside of an animal. Near the end of its life cycle it becomes a little grub like animal and makes a small hole to "breathe" out of. Eventually, it pops out of the hole and turns into a fly.

Usually if I see a cuterebra, I try to get it out right away as it can cause problems and I'm sure it is not comfortable to have something moving under your skin. Usually we can remove them by making a small cut in the skin and slowly extracting it. It is definitely something you would want to have your vet do because if you end up rupturing the bug it can release toxins.

Do you know if your kitten has been near rabbit hutches at all? This is where they usually pick up these creatures, but I have seen indoor animals like hamsters pick them up too.

It is also possible that this is a ruptured abscess. However, I wouldn't expect to see something moving in it.

The best thing you can do is have your vet take a look!

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9694 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (14097 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (8672 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6687 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6496 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (10971 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6804 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (29471 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9257 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (10471 views)