Lump with hole and something moving in it.

Breed: Tabby? not sure, as
Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and she hissed in pain and jumped out of my arms. the night before she didn't do this. So i gently checked her for what was wrong. i found a sore like spot on her side, not big maybe fingernail size or smaller. im almost 100% sure its ring worm but the only thing making me not sure is the very small hole at the center about the size of a toothpick tip. is that common with ringworm? It seems to have something in it moving, i thought maybe a tick or such...but im really not sure, i need to know soon as you can. Thank you so much (:

Though I can't say for sure, I am wondering if your kitten has a cuterebra. This is a parasite that goes through its life cycle inside of an animal. Near the end of its life cycle it becomes a little grub like animal and makes a small hole to "breathe" out of. Eventually, it pops out of the hole and turns into a fly.

Usually if I see a cuterebra, I try to get it out right away as it can cause problems and I'm sure it is not comfortable to have something moving under your skin. Usually we can remove them by making a small cut in the skin and slowly extracting it. It is definitely something you would want to have your vet do because if you end up rupturing the bug it can release toxins.

Do you know if your kitten has been near rabbit hutches at all? This is where they usually pick up these creatures, but I have seen indoor animals like hamsters pick them up too.

It is also possible that this is a ruptured abscess. However, I wouldn't expect to see something moving in it.

The best thing you can do is have your vet take a look!

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (12719 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (7330 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (29701 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (13376 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (29649 views)

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (112794 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (12190 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (12603 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (13111 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55812 views)