Rat is not eating.

Breed: rat
my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food and told to make sure she drinks but she isnt drinking or eating and wont take it out a saringe or a bowl. is there a way we can get her to eat/drink without causing her stress and pain?

Sorry to hear that Truffle is not doing well. I usually do get concerned when an animal is not eating and drinking as it usually means that there is something serious going on.

Is truffle on antibiotics for the infection? If not it may be that the infection is causing a fever which is keeping her from eating.

If you can't get fluid into her with a syringe then there is not a lot else that you will be able to do to force it into her.

You may want to call your vet and let them know that she still is not eating. The vet may prescribe some antibiotics and possibly some medication for pain as well.

I really hope everything is ok.

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (86967 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (16884 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (62978 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (6871 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (8656 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (10125 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (10209 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (18008 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (35021 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (13856 views)