Rat is not eating.

Breed: rat
my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food and told to make sure she drinks but she isnt drinking or eating and wont take it out a saringe or a bowl. is there a way we can get her to eat/drink without causing her stress and pain?

Sorry to hear that Truffle is not doing well. I usually do get concerned when an animal is not eating and drinking as it usually means that there is something serious going on.

Is truffle on antibiotics for the infection? If not it may be that the infection is causing a fever which is keeping her from eating.

If you can't get fluid into her with a syringe then there is not a lot else that you will be able to do to force it into her.

You may want to call your vet and let them know that she still is not eating. The vet may prescribe some antibiotics and possibly some medication for pain as well.

I really hope everything is ok.

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (14882 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (13049 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (16951 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (11736 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5408 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (29389 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (11374 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (26078 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48781 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (6418 views)