Rat is not eating.

Breed: rat
my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food and told to make sure she drinks but she isnt drinking or eating and wont take it out a saringe or a bowl. is there a way we can get her to eat/drink without causing her stress and pain?

Sorry to hear that Truffle is not doing well. I usually do get concerned when an animal is not eating and drinking as it usually means that there is something serious going on.

Is truffle on antibiotics for the infection? If not it may be that the infection is causing a fever which is keeping her from eating.

If you can't get fluid into her with a syringe then there is not a lot else that you will be able to do to force it into her.

You may want to call your vet and let them know that she still is not eating. The vet may prescribe some antibiotics and possibly some medication for pain as well.

I really hope everything is ok.

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (6594 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (14452 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (8813 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (9436 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16608 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (9319 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (23267 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6173 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10917 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (198295 views)