Rat is not eating.

Breed: rat
my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food and told to make sure she drinks but she isnt drinking or eating and wont take it out a saringe or a bowl. is there a way we can get her to eat/drink without causing her stress and pain?

Sorry to hear that Truffle is not doing well. I usually do get concerned when an animal is not eating and drinking as it usually means that there is something serious going on.

Is truffle on antibiotics for the infection? If not it may be that the infection is causing a fever which is keeping her from eating.

If you can't get fluid into her with a syringe then there is not a lot else that you will be able to do to force it into her.

You may want to call your vet and let them know that she still is not eating. The vet may prescribe some antibiotics and possibly some medication for pain as well.

I really hope everything is ok.

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (91792 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (8944 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (12482 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (6258 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (11166 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10987 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (23593 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (15192 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (12395 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9002 views)