Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9441 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (14091 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (6738 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (7552 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (9881 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (16301 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (27516 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (12846 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (9935 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (13438 views)