Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (22836 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8576 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9725 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (14232 views)

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (12606 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (33564 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (14602 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (17249 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (11554 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7359 views)