Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (15314 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (17337 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (21260 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (24673 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (53664 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (21183 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (40813 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (5777 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (12512 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (18158 views)