Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (10986 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32112 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4236 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (5927 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (29948 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (107076 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12784 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (19477 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (6075 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (15258 views)