Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (13114 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6493 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7278 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (8595 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (12726 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (14945 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8275 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (5983 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (12845 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (32478 views)