Summer shaving?

Breed: pomeranian
Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him cooler?

This is a controversial topic!

Personally I have no problem with shaving a dog's coat in the summer. However, if it is shaved really close then you have to worry about sunburn.

There are some people who will say that the coat needs to be kept long because it acts as insulation from the sun.

The truth is, that no one really knows what is best. But, I find that animals do seem to feel more comfortable when they are shaved.

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14114 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7037 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (12313 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (9982 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (7137 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7277 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (5355 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (9527 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (15027 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (14562 views)