Recovery from FCE.

Breed: Chiuhua
Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some problems again, can this problem reocccur.I would like to know, thank-you!!! Sandra

Sorry to hear that Bugs was diagnosed with FCE.

It is quite uncommon for a dog to have a reoccurrence of a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

Was the dog's condition diagnosed with an MRI? If not (and it would be understandable as an MRI is very expensive) it is possible that what we thought was FCE was actually a protruding disc. A protruding disc is *usually* painful, but not always. This type of problem can reoccur.

If your dog is having problems with his or her back again it is a good idea to have your vet examine Bugs as soon as possible.

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (9758 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (16617 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (15633 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (61107 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (9657 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (7019 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (13271 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (10115 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (8109 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (40842 views)