Recovery from FCE.

Breed: Chiuhua
Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some problems again, can this problem reocccur.I would like to know, thank-you!!! Sandra

Sorry to hear that Bugs was diagnosed with FCE.

It is quite uncommon for a dog to have a reoccurrence of a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

Was the dog's condition diagnosed with an MRI? If not (and it would be understandable as an MRI is very expensive) it is possible that what we thought was FCE was actually a protruding disc. A protruding disc is *usually* painful, but not always. This type of problem can reoccur.

If your dog is having problems with his or her back again it is a good idea to have your vet examine Bugs as soon as possible.

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (11565 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17897 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (8541 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14243 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (37784 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24167 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (25702 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (25262 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (8439 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (37796 views)