Recovery from FCE.

Breed: Chiuhua
Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some problems again, can this problem reocccur.I would like to know, thank-you!!! Sandra

Sorry to hear that Bugs was diagnosed with FCE.

It is quite uncommon for a dog to have a reoccurrence of a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

Was the dog's condition diagnosed with an MRI? If not (and it would be understandable as an MRI is very expensive) it is possible that what we thought was FCE was actually a protruding disc. A protruding disc is *usually* painful, but not always. This type of problem can reoccur.

If your dog is having problems with his or her back again it is a good idea to have your vet examine Bugs as soon as possible.

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (37238 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (22561 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (8641 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (12047 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (47638 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (23332 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7424 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7103 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12091 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (20624 views)