Recovery from FCE.

Breed: Chiuhua
Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some problems again, can this problem reocccur.I would like to know, thank-you!!! Sandra

Sorry to hear that Bugs was diagnosed with FCE.

It is quite uncommon for a dog to have a reoccurrence of a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

Was the dog's condition diagnosed with an MRI? If not (and it would be understandable as an MRI is very expensive) it is possible that what we thought was FCE was actually a protruding disc. A protruding disc is *usually* painful, but not always. This type of problem can reoccur.

If your dog is having problems with his or her back again it is a good idea to have your vet examine Bugs as soon as possible.

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (13826 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (23956 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (10114 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (7961 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (14942 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (5566 views)

Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes. i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard... (6686 views)

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (13960 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (7805 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (5013 views)