Recovery from FCE.

Breed: Chiuhua
Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some problems again, can this problem reocccur.I would like to know, thank-you!!! Sandra

Sorry to hear that Bugs was diagnosed with FCE.

It is quite uncommon for a dog to have a reoccurrence of a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

Was the dog's condition diagnosed with an MRI? If not (and it would be understandable as an MRI is very expensive) it is possible that what we thought was FCE was actually a protruding disc. A protruding disc is *usually* painful, but not always. This type of problem can reoccur.

If your dog is having problems with his or her back again it is a good idea to have your vet examine Bugs as soon as possible.

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (10629 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (41805 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11938 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15896 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (6873 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (8474 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (10447 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8758 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (9152 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (25281 views)