How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (4265 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (7705 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (6032 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (457586 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (11090 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (11426 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (7439 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (6122 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (2852 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (6079 views)