How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (19229 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10209 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (27093 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12234 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (31001 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (18862 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (111199 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (4476 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (43007 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7829 views)