How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (18438 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (14477 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (9359 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31264 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (16861 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6019 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (6915 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25102 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (8834 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (16096 views)