How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (7278 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (14221 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (35380 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (10503 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (38243 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (8657 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (24028 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (7589 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (17271 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (11911 views)