How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (7841 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (17358 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (7540 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (9959 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (4596 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (13169 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (7948 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17089 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (11408 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (16207 views)