How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (23874 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (16103 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (6755 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (8309 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (4295 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (8281 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (5777 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (13075 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (76546 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (6719 views)