How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (5536 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (31150 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6246 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (82776 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (7233 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (11137 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (7592 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (22991 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (13314 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (15092 views)