How to help constipated cat.

Breed: mackrel
Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox but could not move anything.

When a cat is constipated it is almost always necessary to see the vet. The longer we wait to treat these cats the harder treatment can be.

This article on megacolon in cats explains some of the things that a vet may do.

Most of the time, constipation in cats is a chronic issue. Sometimes, once we get things moving again, feeding a special food such as Royal Canin Gastro Fiber can really help.

I hope Littlegirl is ok!

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (11237 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (9083 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (9883 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (3928 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (32584 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (6584 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (7640 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (3154 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (13948 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (5307 views)