MRI for trouble standing?

Breed: Mini Schnauzer
My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we wera all playing with him and the next morning he could not stand. I have taken him to a few vets, but they told me an MRI is needed to know what is the problem with my dear Odie. The problem is they charge $1,500 just for the MRI and we don't have that kind of money, we are desperate, we love our Odie more then words can say but I just can not come up with that kind of money, Odie does not seem to be in pain, he is eating and is currently on some medications, to pills a day for 7 days, then one pill a day for the next seven. Dr. I don't want to lose my doggie, I am desperate, will my dog recover from this?

Oh I am so sorry to hear about odie. One sided paralysis is not common at all. Unfortunately your vets are right that only an MRI can tell us what is going on and even that doesn't heal the problem.

If this is a problem that is caused by inflammation and potentially healable then you should be seeing some improvement within 10-14 days.

One other thought is to ask your vet if tick paralysis ispossible. It is not common but is easily cured with anti tick medicine.

I really hope he does ok!

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (14756 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (12138 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8785 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (19371 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (23578 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (20122 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (11609 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (8689 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (10858 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (27756 views)