MRI for trouble standing?

Breed: Mini Schnauzer
My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we wera all playing with him and the next morning he could not stand. I have taken him to a few vets, but they told me an MRI is needed to know what is the problem with my dear Odie. The problem is they charge $1,500 just for the MRI and we don't have that kind of money, we are desperate, we love our Odie more then words can say but I just can not come up with that kind of money, Odie does not seem to be in pain, he is eating and is currently on some medications, to pills a day for 7 days, then one pill a day for the next seven. Dr. I don't want to lose my doggie, I am desperate, will my dog recover from this?

Oh I am so sorry to hear about odie. One sided paralysis is not common at all. Unfortunately your vets are right that only an MRI can tell us what is going on and even that doesn't heal the problem.

If this is a problem that is caused by inflammation and potentially healable then you should be seeing some improvement within 10-14 days.

One other thought is to ask your vet if tick paralysis ispossible. It is not common but is easily cured with anti tick medicine.

I really hope he does ok!

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (22877 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (28013 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (14810 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (6025 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (46853 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (26306 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (9663 views)

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (13633 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (10184 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (32281 views)