MRI for trouble standing?

Breed: Mini Schnauzer
My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we wera all playing with him and the next morning he could not stand. I have taken him to a few vets, but they told me an MRI is needed to know what is the problem with my dear Odie. The problem is they charge $1,500 just for the MRI and we don't have that kind of money, we are desperate, we love our Odie more then words can say but I just can not come up with that kind of money, Odie does not seem to be in pain, he is eating and is currently on some medications, to pills a day for 7 days, then one pill a day for the next seven. Dr. I don't want to lose my doggie, I am desperate, will my dog recover from this?

Oh I am so sorry to hear about odie. One sided paralysis is not common at all. Unfortunately your vets are right that only an MRI can tell us what is going on and even that doesn't heal the problem.

If this is a problem that is caused by inflammation and potentially healable then you should be seeing some improvement within 10-14 days.

One other thought is to ask your vet if tick paralysis ispossible. It is not common but is easily cured with anti tick medicine.

I really hope he does ok!

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (183501 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (9969 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (11749 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (4372 views)

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (8687 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (15825 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (6822 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14035 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (77242 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14134 views)