MRI for trouble standing?

Breed: Mini Schnauzer
My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we wera all playing with him and the next morning he could not stand. I have taken him to a few vets, but they told me an MRI is needed to know what is the problem with my dear Odie. The problem is they charge $1,500 just for the MRI and we don't have that kind of money, we are desperate, we love our Odie more then words can say but I just can not come up with that kind of money, Odie does not seem to be in pain, he is eating and is currently on some medications, to pills a day for 7 days, then one pill a day for the next seven. Dr. I don't want to lose my doggie, I am desperate, will my dog recover from this?

Oh I am so sorry to hear about odie. One sided paralysis is not common at all. Unfortunately your vets are right that only an MRI can tell us what is going on and even that doesn't heal the problem.

If this is a problem that is caused by inflammation and potentially healable then you should be seeing some improvement within 10-14 days.

One other thought is to ask your vet if tick paralysis ispossible. It is not common but is easily cured with anti tick medicine.

I really hope he does ok!

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (8302 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (22104 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (13318 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (10912 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (11287 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (22741 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (24936 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (19084 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (22522 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (6450 views)