MRI for trouble standing?

Breed: Mini Schnauzer
My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we wera all playing with him and the next morning he could not stand. I have taken him to a few vets, but they told me an MRI is needed to know what is the problem with my dear Odie. The problem is they charge $1,500 just for the MRI and we don't have that kind of money, we are desperate, we love our Odie more then words can say but I just can not come up with that kind of money, Odie does not seem to be in pain, he is eating and is currently on some medications, to pills a day for 7 days, then one pill a day for the next seven. Dr. I don't want to lose my doggie, I am desperate, will my dog recover from this?

Oh I am so sorry to hear about odie. One sided paralysis is not common at all. Unfortunately your vets are right that only an MRI can tell us what is going on and even that doesn't heal the problem.

If this is a problem that is caused by inflammation and potentially healable then you should be seeing some improvement within 10-14 days.

One other thought is to ask your vet if tick paralysis ispossible. It is not common but is easily cured with anti tick medicine.

I really hope he does ok!

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9505 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (11879 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (33365 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (11188 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (12805 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (9338 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (13488 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (30902 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (7964 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (12969 views)