Lump on Rottweiler's leg.

Breed: Rottweiler
Dear Dr Marie

Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy patch - resemble a ten cent coin) on his limb. Could he has contracted cancer? I m extremely worried about his condition.

Thanks
Pauline

Hi Pauline and thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps online without seeing the dog, but I'll give you a few of my thoughts.

If this is a flat, slightly raised spot it is possible that it is simply an area of infection, or some type of a wound. If this is the case it may get better on its own, or it may need antibiotics in order to clear up.

We do see a number of skin lumps that can affect dogs. Some are far more serious than others. It is possible it is a benign lump. Usually malignant lumps are just ugly looking - inflamed and purple but not always.

This is a situation where I would highly advise a vet visit. Any time there is a lump on the leg, if I am worried about cancer then I want to see it as soon as possible. If it gets too big it may be hard to operate on.

I really hope everything is ok!

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8986 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (19241 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (14222 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (31076 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9908 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (90623 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (28959 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12998 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (30722 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (67132 views)