Kitten has bad breath.

Breed: Persian
I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath when it yawns or opens its mouth it creates very bad smell. Can you please tell me the solution of this problem. I have another cat but its breath does not smell.

If your cat is having bad breath at 3-6 months of age it is possible that he is going through some teething. If this is the case then things should be better in another month or so.

Do his gums look red? If you are seeing red gums then it is possible he has a condition called stomatitis. This can be serious. You can see more info on this condition here:

Feline Stomatitis.

A tooth infection can also cause very bad breath. But this would be unlikely in such a young cat.

If the odor lasts for more than a couple of weeks or if your cat has a decreased appetite then you should have your vet take a look.

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7549 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (8454 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7972 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8926 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (8003 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (5703 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4974 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8172 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (15785 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (18447 views)