Kitten has bad breath.

Breed: Persian
I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath when it yawns or opens its mouth it creates very bad smell. Can you please tell me the solution of this problem. I have another cat but its breath does not smell.

If your cat is having bad breath at 3-6 months of age it is possible that he is going through some teething. If this is the case then things should be better in another month or so.

Do his gums look red? If you are seeing red gums then it is possible he has a condition called stomatitis. This can be serious. You can see more info on this condition here:

Feline Stomatitis.

A tooth infection can also cause very bad breath. But this would be unlikely in such a young cat.

If the odor lasts for more than a couple of weeks or if your cat has a decreased appetite then you should have your vet take a look.

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (7025 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (21250 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (7776 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (85793 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10334 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10326 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10655 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (51174 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (21629 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (8135 views)