Kitten has bad breath.

Breed: Persian
I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath when it yawns or opens its mouth it creates very bad smell. Can you please tell me the solution of this problem. I have another cat but its breath does not smell.

If your cat is having bad breath at 3-6 months of age it is possible that he is going through some teething. If this is the case then things should be better in another month or so.

Do his gums look red? If you are seeing red gums then it is possible he has a condition called stomatitis. This can be serious. You can see more info on this condition here:

Feline Stomatitis.

A tooth infection can also cause very bad breath. But this would be unlikely in such a young cat.

If the odor lasts for more than a couple of weeks or if your cat has a decreased appetite then you should have your vet take a look.

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (35582 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12279 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7049 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (5282 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (44816 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (10778 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (25111 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8247 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (182428 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (8552 views)