Kitten has bad breath.

Breed: Persian
I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath when it yawns or opens its mouth it creates very bad smell. Can you please tell me the solution of this problem. I have another cat but its breath does not smell.

If your cat is having bad breath at 3-6 months of age it is possible that he is going through some teething. If this is the case then things should be better in another month or so.

Do his gums look red? If you are seeing red gums then it is possible he has a condition called stomatitis. This can be serious. You can see more info on this condition here:

Feline Stomatitis.

A tooth infection can also cause very bad breath. But this would be unlikely in such a young cat.

If the odor lasts for more than a couple of weeks or if your cat has a decreased appetite then you should have your vet take a look.

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (14743 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (61195 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (12428 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (7251 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (7730 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (11612 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (6174 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (7907 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (8840 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (14933 views)