Cat losing weight.

Breed: Not sure. Black and
My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off with a high temperature and not eating or drinking water. So we took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics and about 2days later the vet told us we could pick her up because her temperature was down again.
Anyways she was fine after that and we thought she was better then this has happened all over again and its happened now countless times in the last few weeks, back and forth to the vet(3 weeks or so) and he keeps just giving her antibiotics. She is eating a bit now but she can barely walk. Its like her legs have become lame. She is all wobbly and she just falls over sometimes. She just sleeps all day and night and sometimes gets up to go to her sand box but she wont even go outside because she is too sore to get through the cat flap.
She has lost so much weight. Also when she tries to jump onto the couch or bed her claws get stuck and she cannot seem to retract them. Any idea's what could be wrong with her. Any home remedies? I'm afraid we might have to put her down. :( She is getting worse

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that Lulu-Bell is having these problems. It sounds like she is really sick.

Whenever I see a young cat that has a fever that comes and goes like this I get worried about viruses like feline leukemia, FIV or FIP.

Has she had any blood tests done? If this was my case then I would definitely be testing for feline leukemia and FIV. Although there is no specific test for FIP, most cats with FIP will have changes in the protein levels in their blood amongst other things.

Unfortunately if it is one of these viruses there are no cures for them.

It is also possible that she has a serious problem with her liver, kidneys or pancreas. Sometimes these can be treated with a hospital stay.

I wish I could give you a home remedy but it sounds like she needs to go back to the vet to have some more tests done.

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (8232 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (11818 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (15328 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (17556 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (8604 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (23599 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (18320 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (8134 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (6923 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (30283 views)