Cat losing weight.

Breed: Not sure. Black and
My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off with a high temperature and not eating or drinking water. So we took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics and about 2days later the vet told us we could pick her up because her temperature was down again.
Anyways she was fine after that and we thought she was better then this has happened all over again and its happened now countless times in the last few weeks, back and forth to the vet(3 weeks or so) and he keeps just giving her antibiotics. She is eating a bit now but she can barely walk. Its like her legs have become lame. She is all wobbly and she just falls over sometimes. She just sleeps all day and night and sometimes gets up to go to her sand box but she wont even go outside because she is too sore to get through the cat flap.
She has lost so much weight. Also when she tries to jump onto the couch or bed her claws get stuck and she cannot seem to retract them. Any idea's what could be wrong with her. Any home remedies? I'm afraid we might have to put her down. :( She is getting worse

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that Lulu-Bell is having these problems. It sounds like she is really sick.

Whenever I see a young cat that has a fever that comes and goes like this I get worried about viruses like feline leukemia, FIV or FIP.

Has she had any blood tests done? If this was my case then I would definitely be testing for feline leukemia and FIV. Although there is no specific test for FIP, most cats with FIP will have changes in the protein levels in their blood amongst other things.

Unfortunately if it is one of these viruses there are no cures for them.

It is also possible that she has a serious problem with her liver, kidneys or pancreas. Sometimes these can be treated with a hospital stay.

I wish I could give you a home remedy but it sounds like she needs to go back to the vet to have some more tests done.

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (13125 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (10709 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (13637 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (46545 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (17714 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (12641 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (18008 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (18205 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (11832 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (17733 views)