Cat losing weight.

Breed: Not sure. Black and
My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off with a high temperature and not eating or drinking water. So we took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics and about 2days later the vet told us we could pick her up because her temperature was down again.
Anyways she was fine after that and we thought she was better then this has happened all over again and its happened now countless times in the last few weeks, back and forth to the vet(3 weeks or so) and he keeps just giving her antibiotics. She is eating a bit now but she can barely walk. Its like her legs have become lame. She is all wobbly and she just falls over sometimes. She just sleeps all day and night and sometimes gets up to go to her sand box but she wont even go outside because she is too sore to get through the cat flap.
She has lost so much weight. Also when she tries to jump onto the couch or bed her claws get stuck and she cannot seem to retract them. Any idea's what could be wrong with her. Any home remedies? I'm afraid we might have to put her down. :( She is getting worse

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that Lulu-Bell is having these problems. It sounds like she is really sick.

Whenever I see a young cat that has a fever that comes and goes like this I get worried about viruses like feline leukemia, FIV or FIP.

Has she had any blood tests done? If this was my case then I would definitely be testing for feline leukemia and FIV. Although there is no specific test for FIP, most cats with FIP will have changes in the protein levels in their blood amongst other things.

Unfortunately if it is one of these viruses there are no cures for them.

It is also possible that she has a serious problem with her liver, kidneys or pancreas. Sometimes these can be treated with a hospital stay.

I wish I could give you a home remedy but it sounds like she needs to go back to the vet to have some more tests done.

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11601 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (112194 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (10375 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (15942 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (11002 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15391 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (7326 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8532 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11556 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (14231 views)