Cat losing weight.

Breed: Not sure. Black and
My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off with a high temperature and not eating or drinking water. So we took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics and about 2days later the vet told us we could pick her up because her temperature was down again.
Anyways she was fine after that and we thought she was better then this has happened all over again and its happened now countless times in the last few weeks, back and forth to the vet(3 weeks or so) and he keeps just giving her antibiotics. She is eating a bit now but she can barely walk. Its like her legs have become lame. She is all wobbly and she just falls over sometimes. She just sleeps all day and night and sometimes gets up to go to her sand box but she wont even go outside because she is too sore to get through the cat flap.
She has lost so much weight. Also when she tries to jump onto the couch or bed her claws get stuck and she cannot seem to retract them. Any idea's what could be wrong with her. Any home remedies? I'm afraid we might have to put her down. :( She is getting worse

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that Lulu-Bell is having these problems. It sounds like she is really sick.

Whenever I see a young cat that has a fever that comes and goes like this I get worried about viruses like feline leukemia, FIV or FIP.

Has she had any blood tests done? If this was my case then I would definitely be testing for feline leukemia and FIV. Although there is no specific test for FIP, most cats with FIP will have changes in the protein levels in their blood amongst other things.

Unfortunately if it is one of these viruses there are no cures for them.

It is also possible that she has a serious problem with her liver, kidneys or pancreas. Sometimes these can be treated with a hospital stay.

I wish I could give you a home remedy but it sounds like she needs to go back to the vet to have some more tests done.

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (17104 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (10449 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (12517 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (6653 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (9707 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6618 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (10324 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (16501 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (16887 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (16187 views)