Cat losing weight.

Breed: Not sure. Black and
My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off with a high temperature and not eating or drinking water. So we took her to the vet and he gave her antibiotics and about 2days later the vet told us we could pick her up because her temperature was down again.
Anyways she was fine after that and we thought she was better then this has happened all over again and its happened now countless times in the last few weeks, back and forth to the vet(3 weeks or so) and he keeps just giving her antibiotics. She is eating a bit now but she can barely walk. Its like her legs have become lame. She is all wobbly and she just falls over sometimes. She just sleeps all day and night and sometimes gets up to go to her sand box but she wont even go outside because she is too sore to get through the cat flap.
She has lost so much weight. Also when she tries to jump onto the couch or bed her claws get stuck and she cannot seem to retract them. Any idea's what could be wrong with her. Any home remedies? I'm afraid we might have to put her down. :( She is getting worse

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that Lulu-Bell is having these problems. It sounds like she is really sick.

Whenever I see a young cat that has a fever that comes and goes like this I get worried about viruses like feline leukemia, FIV or FIP.

Has she had any blood tests done? If this was my case then I would definitely be testing for feline leukemia and FIV. Although there is no specific test for FIP, most cats with FIP will have changes in the protein levels in their blood amongst other things.

Unfortunately if it is one of these viruses there are no cures for them.

It is also possible that she has a serious problem with her liver, kidneys or pancreas. Sometimes these can be treated with a hospital stay.

I wish I could give you a home remedy but it sounds like she needs to go back to the vet to have some more tests done.

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7296 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (18132 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (8011 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14644 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (8236 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9946 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10566 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7159 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (12631 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9555 views)