Limping Maltipoo.

Breed: maltipoo
My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs 6 lbs). Now she is limping. she can walk and run but after awhile she starts to limp again. She can still jump on the couch. is this possibly a sprain or hip injury? What can I give her for the pain? She usually stands on her hind legs alot but not so much now.

It is not sore to the touch nor is she whining.

PLease help!

Cordially,

Sorry to hear that Mitzi is limping.

These are always hard questions to answer online without being able to examine your dog.

This could be anything from a slight bruise to a fracture. I have a few things that may help you decide when to go to the vet when a dog is limping:

• If the dog seems extremely uncomfortable and can't get settled.

• If she is not eating for more than 12 hours then this is a sign of pain that should be addressed.

• If there is no improvement after 48 hours.

• If your gut is just telling you that something is wrong.

It may be that she has injured her kneecap as this is a fairly common injury in dogs. Sometimes these can get better with rest and medication but sometimes they do need surgery.

I would not advise any medication over the counter. If she is sore enough to need medications then she should get a prescription product that is safe for dogs.

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (10722 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (10261 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (8546 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (12243 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (14652 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (31388 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (79754 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (7213 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (44817 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (38285 views)