Limping Maltipoo.

Breed: maltipoo
My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs 6 lbs). Now she is limping. she can walk and run but after awhile she starts to limp again. She can still jump on the couch. is this possibly a sprain or hip injury? What can I give her for the pain? She usually stands on her hind legs alot but not so much now.

It is not sore to the touch nor is she whining.

PLease help!

Cordially,

Sorry to hear that Mitzi is limping.

These are always hard questions to answer online without being able to examine your dog.

This could be anything from a slight bruise to a fracture. I have a few things that may help you decide when to go to the vet when a dog is limping:

• If the dog seems extremely uncomfortable and can't get settled.

• If she is not eating for more than 12 hours then this is a sign of pain that should be addressed.

• If there is no improvement after 48 hours.

• If your gut is just telling you that something is wrong.

It may be that she has injured her kneecap as this is a fairly common injury in dogs. Sometimes these can get better with rest and medication but sometimes they do need surgery.

I would not advise any medication over the counter. If she is sore enough to need medications then she should get a prescription product that is safe for dogs.

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (8281 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (67783 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (5355 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (17741 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (15719 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (20450 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (11294 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (52160 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (61538 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (19127 views)