Limping Maltipoo.

Breed: maltipoo
My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs 6 lbs). Now she is limping. she can walk and run but after awhile she starts to limp again. She can still jump on the couch. is this possibly a sprain or hip injury? What can I give her for the pain? She usually stands on her hind legs alot but not so much now.

It is not sore to the touch nor is she whining.

PLease help!

Cordially,

Sorry to hear that Mitzi is limping.

These are always hard questions to answer online without being able to examine your dog.

This could be anything from a slight bruise to a fracture. I have a few things that may help you decide when to go to the vet when a dog is limping:

• If the dog seems extremely uncomfortable and can't get settled.

• If she is not eating for more than 12 hours then this is a sign of pain that should be addressed.

• If there is no improvement after 48 hours.

• If your gut is just telling you that something is wrong.

It may be that she has injured her kneecap as this is a fairly common injury in dogs. Sometimes these can get better with rest and medication but sometimes they do need surgery.

I would not advise any medication over the counter. If she is sore enough to need medications then she should get a prescription product that is safe for dogs.

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (25615 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (14504 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (21023 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (32359 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (14086 views)

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (32545 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7890 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (17743 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (5569 views)

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (7888 views)