Limping Maltipoo.

Breed: maltipoo
My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs 6 lbs). Now she is limping. she can walk and run but after awhile she starts to limp again. She can still jump on the couch. is this possibly a sprain or hip injury? What can I give her for the pain? She usually stands on her hind legs alot but not so much now.

It is not sore to the touch nor is she whining.

PLease help!

Cordially,

Sorry to hear that Mitzi is limping.

These are always hard questions to answer online without being able to examine your dog.

This could be anything from a slight bruise to a fracture. I have a few things that may help you decide when to go to the vet when a dog is limping:

• If the dog seems extremely uncomfortable and can't get settled.

• If she is not eating for more than 12 hours then this is a sign of pain that should be addressed.

• If there is no improvement after 48 hours.

• If your gut is just telling you that something is wrong.

It may be that she has injured her kneecap as this is a fairly common injury in dogs. Sometimes these can get better with rest and medication but sometimes they do need surgery.

I would not advise any medication over the counter. If she is sore enough to need medications then she should get a prescription product that is safe for dogs.

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9895 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (13916 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (26190 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (10489 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (37492 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (314263 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (26541 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (16753 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (8447 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (11498 views)